+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 131
1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Presidential nomination race

Democratic Presidential nomination race

Just tossing this out there.

Bill Clinton worth to the Dems in a presidential race is NOTHING a big fat zero cuz his only message is 'my wife is great' and 'vote for my wife'. Both of those messages ring hollow to lots of potential voters.

He could be yoda for the Dems. Hopefully he'll step into that role when Obama gets the nomination.
    Players meeting my ASS!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    From a Lefty perspective, I can tell you that the consensus on Bill seems to be exactly what you're saying - that he's going to say or do anything to help his wife, but when the whole thing is said and done, he's still a valuable force for any D candidate.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Agreed. But... if he suddenly said 'After talking with so and so I have decided he is a much better candidate than my wife' that person would win the Dem nomination. Bill would die, but that shows how much power he could have.

Oh, it would make them an instant favorite. Too bad it will never happen though.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    Agreed. But... if he suddenly said 'After talking with so and so I have decided he is a much better candidate than my wife' that person would win the Dem nomination. Bill would die, but that shows how much power he could have.
    I don't agree. Bill is enormously well-liked, but he's not that influential by a longshot. He's viewed as being very conservative (he's with the Blue Dog caucus) and a little too tied to Hillary's interests. Just because he endorses someone doesn't mean he will sway that many people. Al Gore, on the other hand, would easily tip this election with a few choice words.

My thinking is that he really COULD have been that powerful Swam. If he was just an overseer, yoda type and MOST IMPORTANTLY a framer of the Democratic message/debate during the Dem nomination process and the general election, he would have had huge power and influence. Libs and moderates would be listening to him.

But instead he's fighiting for one candidate that has a ton of baggage.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    My thinking is that he really COULD have been that powerful Swam. If he was just an overseer, yoda type and MOST IMPORTANTLY a framer of the Democratic message/debate during the Dem nomination process and the general election, he would have had huge power and influence. Libs and moderates would be listening to him.

But instead he's fighiting for one candidate that has a ton of baggage.
    I don't think Hillary has any baggage. She doesn't have any problems with personal history or scandal herself. She's just not very good.

When word got out that Obama had Oprah, the first move by Hillary was to send her husband to South Carolina. Willy has a ton of pull with African Americans. Haven't any of you watched Primary Colors?
    STEW BEEF!

I really get the feeling that if Hillary starts to falter that deck of cards will fold quicker than ... a really quick folding deck of cards
    Players meeting my ASS!

People are really going after Obama for his lack of experience, but how does Hillary have any more than he does?

+ Reply to Thread