+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The official thread dedicated to NBA Legend, Kenny "The Jet" Smith

I would say a good chunk of cp3's shots are layups and runners in the lane...no?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    80% jumpers, and that was eFG, not FG, but still...

Note that he's shooting 38% taking 3 3P shots a game, and he's built up his perimeter game in a big way from when he started.

He stunk it up against us in one game, but I think CP3 is gonna kick ass and take names in this league. If you believe the pundits, the Hornets are inferior to Utah at all positions, but who has the better record?

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    YES!

Constructing the perfect player

By Kenny Smith, Yahoo! Sports
    January 2, 2008

As the New Year arrives and I think of all the greats who have blessed the basketball courts in my era, Michael Jordan is often called the perfect player. If he wasn’t perfect, he was very close.

That got me wondering on how to construct the perfect player Frankenstein-style. Which parts of which players would I use?

The first part, which allows the body to function is the heart. This has to come from the player who has no fear of failure and a killer instinct: Kobe Bryant.

The brain obviously is also vital. I need someone who understands his strengths and limitations and also understands his players and coaches to a great degree. That’s Jason Kidd.

Vision helps separate the truly great players from the very good ones. And no one sees the floor quite like Steve Nash.

If this is going to be the perfect player, he shouldn’t lack for athleticism. Not only should he be able to go by people, but also through or over them. Give me LeBron James’ combination of speed, quickness and muscle. There are faster players baseline to baseline than James, but they don’t have his size and leaping ability.

The hops go to Josh Smith. He’s the new-age Dominique Wilkins.

The strength of a basketball player is underrated. Skinny players like Reggie Miller and Rip Hamilton don’t need bulk to dart around screens. But give a player the strength of Dwight Howard and now you have a monster.

The longer the wingspan, the better the ability to grab rebounds, deflect passes and make other plays your opponents can’t make. So give me Kevin Garnett’s reach.

The best players shoot with a quick release. They can get off a shot while their defender is still flatfooted. Which is why I’ll need Ray Allen’s wrists.

Soft hands are essential. You want someone with a good touch who can catch all kinds of passes. That would be Tim Duncan.

The feet give you balance. They help you change direction, tightrope the baseline and stay in front of your man on defense. Give me the feet of Manu Ginobili.

The other parts that make up a great player aren’t as tangible. Like timing. The best shot blockers have great timing. Jump too soon and your opponent can duck into you and draw a foul. Jump too late and you’ll get dunked on. I want the timing of Marcus Camby.

Savvy comes from experience. The most battle-tested players know what to expect before it happens. And few players are more battle-tested than Chauncey Billups.

Patience is important. Great players know when to attack. They know how to set up their opponent with a fake. They don’t rush and they rarely force a bad shot. Is there anymore more patient than Duncan? He’s my first and only two-time part member.

Lastly, no one likes a sore loser or a bad winner. That’s why I value sportsmanship. To be a true winner, you have to be gracious. Like Michael Redd.

Now this is a player who’s truly the sum of his parts.

Kenny Smith is the NBA analyst for Yahoo! Sports. Check out "The Jet" at http://kennythejet.com and "Inside the NBA" on Thursdays on TNT. Send Kenny a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    That thing is so friggin' quotable, it's unreal.

If I have to pick only one, I'll go with...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny "The Jet" Smith
    Give me the feet of Manu Ginobili.
    Find a new slant.

This guy makes my posts appear intelligible

Duncan? He’s my first and only two-time part member.

Lastly, no one likes a sore loser or a bad winner. That’s why I value sportsmanship. To be a true winner, you have to be gracious. Like Michael Redd.

Now this is a player who’s truly the sum of his parts.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I do like that he gave Chauncey some props, at least. A ricidulous article, but he was basically just trying to say who was the best at what in an interesting way. A nice effort, but still ended up just like a typical Kenny article.
    _

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    At least we can be damn well sure he's not using a ghost writer.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Kenny breaks down the Western Conference playoff race in a way that only Kenny the Jet, can.
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/256...php?cl=6837925
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries

Kenny Smith is scheduled to interview this week with Donnie Walsh about becoming the Knicks' new GM, according to the New York Daily News
    THIS HAS TO HAPPEN
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread