+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Trade Rumors (Trade deadline is February 26th @ 3pm)

NHL Trade Rumors (Trade deadline is February 26th @ 3pm)

(Doesn't have to be Red Wings related)

Neidermeyer is back in Anaheim, and Selanne said he would consider returning before the trade deadline.

Mats Sundin has always been one of my favorite non-Wings, and there's a chance he could be headed to Detroit if he wants. Apparently he says he wants to stay in Toronto, but the Toronto GM has been working with Holland where if he wants to come to a contender by the deadline, it will be with Detroit. Kind of a Ray Borque situation.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    14 goals and 22 assists already with a +12 on a shitty Toronto team...

Yeah, I guess he would be a good fit. There are only two problems:

1.) Would they have to start singing the Swedish National Anthem at home games? That would take our count up to 8 from the fine country of Sweden. We only have 7 Canadiens!!!

2.) Mickey Redmond has to be outlawed from from using the phrase "how Swede it is" when describing any unit that contains all Swedes. That just sucks. We have to be able to come up with something better than that.

I wouldn't mind trading for Sundin but only if we were assured of re-signing him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    I wouldn't mind trading for Sundin but only if we were assured of re-signing him.

I heard some rumors that he want's to play here w/ all the Swedes, would probably cost us a guy like Filppula or Kopecky though...

It would probably take something like Kindl + Hudler and a 2nd to have a shot at Sundin.

I'd be willing to give up Hudler and a second and someone else, but I don't know much about Kindl so I don't know if he'd be worth giving up. Anyone got info? I remember the name but I don't remember how good of a prospect he was going to be.
    _

One of my favorite prospects in our system.
    Highly touted Jakub Kindl has the makings of an all-around star along the blue line. Kindl moves very well for a big man and owns excellent offensive potential. The young Czech has both the imposing size and excellent skating ability that scouts love. He has the capability to run the power play and displays plenty of offensive strengths. Last season, as a member of Pardubice (Czech Jr.), Kindl picked up 4 goals and added 14 assists in 48 games played. He also a turned in a +5 plus/minus rating and notched 108 penalty minutes. Kindl skates and moves the puck very well. In spite of his youth, Kindl is very mature, and has benefited greatly from the experience of playing against opponents two and three years older. Kindl will play for the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL this season, which should help him adapt quickly to the North American game.
    Kindl is a player every scouts loves, a complete package. Jakub has the size, speed, strength, and maturity of a franchise blue-liner that you can build around. He is offensive enough to quarterback the power-play, and dependable enough to protect the lead late in the game. His potential is near limitless. Compares to Redden or a less aggressive Pronger.

I should probably mention that he has been pretty bad this season in Grand Rapids, even being scratched a few times.

Ouch.... That may be why I haven't heard much about him since the preseason. I wonder what happened.
    _

Kindl has a history of slow starts but he has been particularly bad this season.

+ Reply to Thread