+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 60
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NBA draft

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronManKind

I agree with Higherwarrior, we should definately draft a LeBron James type.

Too bad Rickey Paulding didn't pan out.

This should've been our starting five by now...

C- Andreas Glyniadakis
    PF- Darko Milicic/Mikki Moore
    SF- Rodney White
    SG- Rickey Paulding
    PG- Will Blalock

Blog Entries
    I just haven't seen Stuckey get his teammates open looks. He's very good at creating for himself, but until he can knock down that outside jumper consistently like Chauncey, he's going to end up being a liability at PG, offensively at least, IMO.
    Find a new slant.

How can you say that in his first year.... lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I just haven't seen Stuckey get his teammates open looks. He's very good at creating for himself, but until he can knock down that outside jumper consistently like Chauncey, he's going to end up being a liability at PG, offensively at least, IMO.
    Stuckey will need to create looks for his teamates the way a guy like Iverson does, basically by driving to the lane and then kicking out to somebody on the perimeter. He's never going to be a high assist guy, your right, but unlike Chauncey, he will probably be able to create more shots for himself and score more, thus not having to pass as often.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Agree on the jump shot. I admit I am assuming improvement in that area. You can't be a PG in the NBA with guys playing off you like 8 feet.

To be fair, Stuckey has stepped up his shooting from midrange distance in the playoffs. I'd like to see him become a threat from three point range, even if it's just over in the corners. I don't see lack of perimeter shooting from him as a problem though. If he can get to the basket at will, which I believe he can, he should be doing that all the time.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    To be fair, Stuckey has stepped up his shooting from midrange distance in the playoffs. I'd like to see him become a threat from three point range, even if it's just over in the corners. I don't see lack of perimeter shooting from him as a problem though. If he can get to the basket at will, which I believe he can, he should be doing that all the time.
    Yeah, he's been a very good midrange shooter in the playoffs. He'll improve his range I am sure.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Confidence and knowing when to shoot are huge parts of that too.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Chad Ford now has the Pistons taking Nathan Jawai, a 6'10" 270lb Australia PF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford
    The skinny: The Pistons could use more size and power in the paint and the Australian native has that in abundance. He's coming off a big year in Australia and his game resembles Elton Brand's a little. At this point in the draft, he's worth the risk.
    _

I've been happy with Stuckey's improvement on his jumper already this season. To me, he seems like a confidence player. If he takes that outside shot with confidence, it's dropping. Any hesitance and it's off.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    I'd like to see him become a threat from three point range, even if it's just over in the corners.
    I'd love to see him work on his three-point game, a la Rip, but PGs don't make it to the corners too often, so I'd like to see him focus on the top of the key to the elbows extended. Then teams will be forced to play him tight, opening up passing lanes and allowing him to drive at will.

+ Reply to Thread