+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 60
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NBA draft

i think we need backup SF the most too. i wouldn't touch the PG spot and probably not SG unless it was a SG who also played SF.

we need some size and bulk- someone who could compliment prince and be more physical with guys like lebron.

it's early but i would love a guy like bill walker. sure he's got issues but IMO he could make it as a shorter SF. not to mention his incredible athleticism and developing game. we could use an elite athlete like that too. reminds me a bit of bonzi wells/ruben patterson.

not sure how high he'll go- he could go anywhere from late lottery to end of the 1st round, simply because of his injuries and lack of a refined game.

i like douglas roberts a lot too as he's a very good finisher around the rim and in the paint on dribble penetration- we DESPERATELY need that. however he's very thin and might be more of a 2 guard.

like rush obviously as he's a bit of a paul pierce type, without the pissy attitude. he looks more like a 2 guard but could possibly make it at SF as a backup.

i'm very curious to see who we go after. taking someone from overseas is a distinct possibility too. but if we don't draft a young backup SF, we most certainly need to pursue one in FA. (pietrus can make it as a backup SF even though he's built more like a SG. i'd throw the MLE at him in a heartbeat)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior
    i think we need backup SF the most too. i wouldn't touch the PG spot and probably not SG unless it was a SG who also played SF.

Personally, I'm sick of undersized SFs that also play SG (Delfino, Afflalo, etc.)

We need a legit 3.
    Find a new slant.

Well, all of the swingmen mentioned are legit SF size (although CDR is built like RIP).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Walker and Rush are both considered SF's that can play SG. CDR is listed as a SF in most places, but he's got Rip's build like Chris said.

I bet Glenn wants us to take Lawson because we don't have a developing PG on the roster. (Stuckey is a SG, remember)
    _

unless derrick rose falls to #29, i will guarantee we're not taking a PG. unless we feel a 3rd string PG is worth spending a 1st rounder on.

BTW- if stuckey isn't a PG then we drafted 2 SGs last year.....? no. we obviously see hot rod as our future PG or we wouldn't have invested in afflalo at SG. and don't tell me afflalo can play SF too because we know that's only in very limited situations.

Agreed on Afflalo at SG for sure. If you haven't noticed, whenever we bring him in with Rip and a PG on the flood, we always move Rip to SF. There's a reason for that. Afflalo will become the next Hunter, playing balls to the wall on defense and occasionally giving us some O to go with it.
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior
    BTW- if stuckey isn't a PG then we drafted 2 SGs last year.....? no.
    We actually drafted 3 of them.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Nice to see you again, IMK.
    Thanks, don't know how I followed basketball for that long without typing about it.

I've got to disagree with you on Stuckey, Glenn. I think he has definate starting PG potential. The thing is, I don't think he'll ever be a 10 apg guy. They'll need another weapon, like a big man to run the offense through or a swing that can also drive and dish.

About the avoiding energy big men because we have several. I believe you can never have too many, plus how long do you think we'll have Wallace/McDyess/Ratliff around before they fade? After that we basically have a big skinny guy who can jump and an buff undersized PF. They MIGHT both be starters, but I doubt it. Draft a SF if it's someone who can help immediately, otherwise go big!

I agree with Higherwarrior, we should definately draft a LeBron James type.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    We actually drafted 3 of them.

Sammy Mejia?

Stuckey won't be a 10apg guy, but Billups isn't either and it seems to be working just fine.
    _

+ Reply to Thread