+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 60
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NBA draft

I'm still hoping for Rush.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I think it's safe to say that we could Expect Great. things from either of those two.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I want Brandon Rush as well, I think he's a perfect Piston. He's a great defender and an ideal backup for Tay.

If he's gone, which I would expect, how about homeboy Chris Douglas-Roberts...

he can score, unlike say, anybody else on our bench (minus Stuck)

Blog Entries
    Also, quick question for anybody who can answer it. Since Greg Oden didn't play this year, will he technically be a rookie next year (as in eligible to win ROY)?? So in the frosh/sophomores game during the ASB, he will be on the rookie team??

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'm still hoping for Rush.
    top 20 pick unfortunately...but id take bill walker out of kstate. dude was a stud in highschool, no idea what happened since then

I would give up a future 2nd to get Rush if need be. I think he's a complete player that complement Stuckey well (good defender and rebounder, can handle the ball and play the 2/3 positions). Instead of being a chucker (like Hayes, Evans, Flip and almost every other backup wing we've had), he wouldn't be a liability out there defensively.

Walker would be a good pick too. Ford says he was a top 5 pick before an ACL injury (3rd one). Now he's back in shape apparently but stock is lower because of the injuries.

I wonder if Joe is considering Batum at all. We'd have to bring back Valter or find another backup 3 for a year though.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 05-22-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

If I am Chicago, I am taking Rose and looking to unload Hinrich this off-season, and Hughes next off-seaon, Hinrich still has some value right now and he is locked up long term. Meanwhile, next year you start Rose and Hughes and continue to bring Gordon off the bench. After next year, Hughes has a $13 million expiring deal.

As far as who you trade for, obviously it's for a post presence if possible.
    You have two decent young energy PFs in Noah and Thomas, as well as Gooden, you have to be looking for the fourth big man, a starting center.

According to hoopshype, Duhon is a free agent this year (let him walk), and next year both Deng and Gordon are restricted. Personally, I think if it comes down to one of the other, you keep Deng, but keeping both would be better.

As for the Pistons, they have yet to pick anyone I predicted outside of the number two overall , so I'll leave that to you guys, other than to say that I think a guard is out, and I hope they'll go for a big guy with a little post game.

With two young guards already on our roster, I just don't get the idea of taking Lawson. If you want to develop Stuckey as your primary backup to Billups, when would Lawson even get to play?
    _

Blog Entries
    Nice to see you again, IMK.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    With two young guards already on our roster, I just don't get the idea of taking Lawson. If you want to develop Stuckey as your primary backup to Billups, when would Lawson even get to play?
    Lawson would play less for us than that one hockey player you thought played for a team he never played for.

If I knew the name of said player and the team, it would've been a lot funnier.

+ Reply to Thread