+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabrera and Willis are Tigers!

Threaded View

I hope reports out of NY aren't true that the Tigers are talking about flipping Willis to the Mets with Pudge. To me that makes no sense if true, Willis fills a huge need and I can't see a better option for us in a trade or Free Agency, and as for Pudge there isn't a better Cather available. I just hope this Omar and the Mets trying to look like they are being active.

Quote Originally Posted by JS
    I hope reports out of NY aren't true that the Tigers are talking about flipping Willis to the Mets with Pudge. To me that makes no sense if true, Willis fills a huge need and I can't see a better option for us in a trade or Free Agency, and as for Pudge there isn't a better Cather available. I just hope this Omar and the Mets trying to look like they are being active.
    Its lies, lies by the Met rumor-mongers to steal some of the Tiger's spotlight. That rumor is debunked

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...

Earlier in the day, WFAN’s Sweeny Murti broke down a rumor that suggested the Mets could acquire LHP Dontrelle Willis from the Tigers, as well as C Ivan Rodriguez and his $13 million salary.

However, at his blog for Booth Newspapers, Tigers beat reporter Danny Knobler debunks the idea, by writing…

“While they were negotiating…with Florida, it appears that the Tigers did briefly consider turning it into a three-way deal in which Willis would go to the Mets, possibly with Pudge Rodriguez…The Mets love Willis, and in fact had tried to get him from the Marlins themselves…But it’s barely worth talking about now, because it’s not happening, and the Mets know it.”

…from what i can gather, while the Tigers most certainly would have requested a pretty significant package from the Mets, RHP Aaron Heilman was the only player from the Mets to be discussed with detroit, though i would guess C Johnny Estrada may have been involved eventually as well…

Nevertheless, Knobler quotes a Mets official as saying, “There’s no turning back now for them. If anything was going to be done, it had to be done before (the trade became public). They’ve energized their fan base now. They can’t go back.”

…well, hats off to omar, because, from what he told reporters, the Marlins were never going to trade dontrelle to a team within their division…so, to listen, while trying to sneak him to queens, back to the NL East, behind their backs, is either really shady, or really clever, or both, i suppose…

…by the way, thanks to bad boyz for the link…
    Frontpage Article

I believe the Tigers had a team option for Pudge this year. I suppose the trade adds salary, but if it was that big of an issue why pick up the option in the first place.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

+ Reply to Thread