+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NFL Draft (Jake Long signs with Miami and will go #1)

MLB is my #1 need, with CB second (if your impact MLB is not there). We suck against the pass right now, but 1 CB won't fix that (the rest of our secondary is just OK). An elitie MLB could make a team one demensional (pass) and allow our DE's to get more pressure on them. It seems like our MLB's are around the ball a lot, but just don't make the plays.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Is Laurinitas a cover 2 MLB? I think that is our biggest need, and if he fits we must find a way to get him.
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    Michael Oher or Sam Baker in Rd. 2 for the O-Line

1st round: Aqib Talib!

It seems I was part of a crowd roaring for the Lions to trade down and take Patrick Willis last year. Wonder how he turned out. Man, did the Niners really get a starting RT from CMU in the first as well? Funny, I can't imagine why the Lions would have wanted that. Or if WR was really that big a deal, we could have gotten Anthony Gonzalez late in the first. I hear he's been ok the last few weeks. It's hard to say what San Fran would have given to move up.
    As much as I hate Ohio State, Lauraunitis, Gholston or Jenkins would all be excellent picks.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    the Lions will trade Roy Williams this offseason for a 3rd rd pick, and draft Limas Sweed or Adarius Bowman in the 1st round to replace him...

now thats a Millen move

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    Is Laurinitas a cover 2 MLB? I think that is our biggest need, and if he fits we must find a way to get him.
    I don't know. All I know is he makes plays and that's what we need. I remember people talking about how Urlacher wasn't a cover 2 MLB when Lovie went there. How's that working out? I also remember us passing on Merriman and Ware because they were more 3-4 type of guys. How's Kalimba as our franchise DE working out? How'd that Mike Williams pick turn out that year?

In the NFL people pay too much attention to their scheme sometimes and not who can simply make plays.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris

In the NFL people pay too much attention to their scheme sometimes and not who can simply make plays.

I agree, that drives me fucking crazy, for us to trade down last year in the 2nd round and pass up on quality play makers like Paul Posluszny, David Harris, and LaMarr Woodley, was just absurd...

How's Drew Stanton and Ikaika Alama-Francis doing right now Matt??? What a fucking joke

FORGET THE DAMN SCHEME!!!! DRAFT TALENT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    How long until we fire Millen? Millen makes me feel like

Blog Entries
    I'm with you e-ray.

I'm wonder how many people out there have given up any hope on the Lions until Millen is gone?

There are most likely millions of possible Lions fans just in a dormant state right now, waiting for all this BS (Millen) to pass.
    Find a new slant.

Well, after our worthless win we are not sitting in the 13-16 range. We'd have a coin flip with Buffalo, New Orleans and Houston (all currently 7-8). Arizona and Philly have the tiebreaker on us having beat us this year.

Houston plays the Jags (Jags clinched spot, nothing to play for)
    Buffalo plays at Philly
    New Orleans plays at Chicago
    We play at GB of course.

Given the schedule, I'd say we'll still probably be in a coin flip senario with all or most of those teams.

We can also add Carolina and Cincy to that same coin flip if they win and we lose. Carolina plays at TB (TB has clinched already). Cincy plays at Miami (good chance for win there).

So really, we could be anywhere in the 11-16 range. We could also win in GB and put ourselves in the 20's (haven't actually checked that, but I'm sure we could). Just checked, we'd only move up down spot if Minny also lost, but we'd have no coin flip with the chance at #11. We'd be stuck at 17 or 18.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 12-24-2007 at 12:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread