+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NFL Draft (Jake Long signs with Miami and will go #1)

Blog Entries
    Aquib Talib, CB, Kansas

It would be nice to get a solid corner to pair with Bryant. When he stays healthy he really isn't that bad. The only problem is every other corner we have is a nickel or dime back at BEST.
    _

Millen could draft Manningham to play corner.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Sunday they put up a stat that Lions opponents have the best QB rating of anyone. Meaning, the opposing QB performs better against us than against any other team.
    Now, keep in mind we have not faced Brady, Peyton, Roethlisberger, etc. We have played exactly 2 games against top 6 QB's, while getting to face Chicago and Minnesota twice - and STILL we have the worst QB rating against.

Draft a DB, then another, then an OL.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    I heard Sam Baker, OG from USC who was a projected Top Ten pick last year, has slipped to the 2nd round value due to a deeper talent pool this year, If we could get him in Rd. 2 and a corner such as Antoine Cason or Aqib Talib in the 1st Rd...that's a big step

Judging by the current big board I'd say our options are:

CB - Mike Jenkins
    S - Kenny Phillips
    OT - Jeff Otah
    MLB - James Laurinaitis

But that board will change a lot down the road.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The way I see it, Ernie Sims, Dewayne White and Cory Redding should be the only players whose jobs are safe on the defensive side of the ball. Gerald Alexander has proven that he's worth giving time to develop, but outside of that I'm not terribly attached to anyone.

We'll actually have safety depth next year if Bullocks comes back from that injury and picks up where he left off. Was he a star, hell no, but he was developing. Maybe he could fight Kennedy for his spot, not just on Alexander's spot, put some pressure on him to step up his game? Just hoping here.
    _

Then that establishes CB as a bigger need than S, how about LB? Outside of Sims I have yet to be terribly impressed.

We need a MLB. Lenon has been a decent stopgap for us, but its time to start developing someone. I thought Lehman was going to be that guy, but he's done nothing since his rookie year. That injury pretty much destroyed his career in terms of becoming a starter. He looks like he'll be stuck as a solid backup at best now.
    _

+ Reply to Thread