+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31
FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2008 NFL Draft (Jake Long signs with Miami and will go #1)

Sorry Ray, I wrote that then the wife was talking to me and hit 'post' and you had alreay done your post when I was talking to my wife after I wrote that know what I mean.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    LMAO, Tony Reali. This guy does other shit besides PTI and ATH?

Blog Entries
    My thoughts on our draft, I think we did alright. No sexy picks, but instead we filled some needs. I kind of wish we would've taken another guard or tackle instead of just one...but I'm not going to kill Millen on that...

I'd give us about a B.

Recent history with this team tells me that sexy drafts don't work out too well for us, so based on that I'm actually pretty happy. Mendenhall would have been the sexy pick. The last time I was upset about a draft we picked Ernie Sims instead of Leinart. That has worked out so far, I think. Leinart is surrounded by sick talent and can't get the job done while Sims is a very solid linebacker. Bullocks is solid as well, compared to some other 2nd rounders. Calhoun, who knows? But obviously the sexy drafts of Rogers, Mike Williams, Roy and KJ, and CJ have had limited results. Roy is a stud, CJ might be, but none of the others are Lions anymore.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I'd go with a C+ or a B-. Our first two picks were both considered reaches and we traded out of a spot where we had a stude O-lineman that was projected to go before we go to him. For the third round, the RB we drafted is listed with character and durability issues, the DT is considered too small and has durability issues, and the DE is considered a tweener that will have a hard time holding up if he stays at DE in the NFL. Both 5th round picks have durability issues. Our DT from the 7th round is also listed as "vastly undersized" and the safety has durability issues as well.

That's just judging them from what I've read though, so I'm going to reserve true judgements until I see them on the field. If it wasn't for all the durability issues that I've read, I'd say this was a pretty good draft for us. I was happy we grabbed a receiver with some return skills late in the draft. Something we'll need.

And yes, the Army guy was the one that they were running the stories about. If he hadn't been drafted or signed to a contract, he'd have to report for duty. I'm glad to see he got drafted and will have a chance. Apparently his skill set fits the zone scheme perfectly, so hopefully he'll be able to make the team as a backup and play some special teams. He's supposed to be a developmental prospect with a lot of upside.
    _

Blog Entries
    The entire draft was "meh" overall.

Agreed.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Per ESPN, Bill Williamson
    Kevin Smith will be a star for the Lions, who traded up to get the running back with the first pick of the third round Sunday. Essentially, the Lions spent all of Saturday night and early Sunday trying to figure out a way to get the player they considered the best on the board after the first two rounds. This was time well spent.

The Central Florida product is a strong runner who will be a difference-maker in the NFL. Detroit desperately needs a strong running back, and Smith has a chance to be a consistent 1,000-yard rusher. This was a significant pickup by Detroit.
    _

Blog Entries
    Next Barry.

Almost broke Barry's single season NCAA rushing record. Missed it by 80 yards or something along those lines.
    _

+ Reply to Thread