+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NFL Draft (Jake Long signs with Miami and will go #1)

What about another Michigan Offensive Tackle?
    _

knowing millen, you probably mean the right (as in wrong) tackle.
    Last edited by b-diddy; 12-04-2007 at 12:15 PM.

Yeah, we should draft their RT that lets everyone by him.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

sometimes in drafting, its not about getting the best talent, but the right fit. jake long might be better than whoever plays on the right side, but the rt tackle would fit right in with our O-line.

well, you could easily move Backus to RT (which is probably where he belongs), the problem is he makes too damn much for that spot.

You can find a good RT in the second round. I'd like to spend our first rounder on an elite MLB, elite Safety or very good CB.

It really depends on whether we lose out or win 1-2 meaningless games and still miss the playoffs. That could be the difference between a pick in the teens or a pick in the twenties.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Might as well lose out at this point. Rest Kitna the rest of the season. Let J.T. or Orlovsky air it out, work on the running game, and raise that draft pick to the early first round.
    _

I'm defiantly not ready to give up on this season... If at the beginning of the season I knew we could be 6-6 and have a shot at the playoffs I would have been excited. Obviously we've looked terrible as of late, but we looked terrible early against Philly and Washington and this Lions team came back and played some great football.

As far as the draft goes, our #1 need might be defensive back but I'm not sure who will be available in the mid first round.

how excited would you be when we were 6-2 if i told you that we would later be 6-6, with it looking like 3/4 of the team haven already given up and a congo line forming towards the IR. this just feels like more of the same to me. if they get 2 more wins (not one more) ill be impressed. but thats not happening.

Well 6-7 and basically out of the playoffs now. 8-8 would be a superbowl for us, but lets realistically approach this as a best case scenario 7 wins. At this spot, I definitely think the areas we need to target are:

First round: Defensive Tackle/Defensive End -the best one we can find. Shaun Rogers dominates, but when he doesn't play well we lose. If we had someone like Haloti Ngata in there next to him, it would be extremely difficult for teams to run up the middle.

2nd Round: The best MLB we can get our hands on

3/4 offensive Guard/Tackle prospects

All the rest are best available.

We have to spend some free agent cash and get at least on DB that knows how to play football. It won't fix the secondary but hopefully beefing up the rest of the defense will help enough.

Blog Entries
    Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

+ Reply to Thread