+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31
FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NFL Draft (Jake Long signs with Miami and will go #1)

Blog Entries
    There are reports that the Dolphins/Parcells are actually considering intentionally missing their window of time to make the first pick.

They have 4 guys that they like pretty equally, and they would rather not pay the guy they get the top salary slot. Apparently, they haven't been able to trade the pick, either.

Interesting strategy.
    Find a new slant.

They can't trade the pick because everyone else has the same 3-4 guys that they want. #3 doesn't want to trade up because they get a guy they want either way, same with 2, probably same with 4. I see nothing wrong with them letting their time expire.
    _

I'm beginning to think we should pass on Mendenhall and just take Ray Rice in the 3rd instead. He could be the next Willie Parker. We could get Williams, Rivers or Harvey instead in the first.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'm beginning to think we should pass on Mendenhall and just take Ray Rice in the 3rd instead. He could be the next Willie Parker. We could get Williams, Rivers or Harvey instead in the first.
    Kiper loves Rice and said this morning that he could see him going late 1st or in the early 2nd.

I also learned that Kiper does 100 situps during commercial breaks on his radio show.
    Find a new slant.

Well, wherever he goes I'm thinking I'd rather have a better OL with a burner behind it than a crap RT with a one year wonder back behind it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Rice is my top pick at RB this year. I think he is the complete package, i feel we could take him in the second or early third.

If the Dolphins let the time expire after it being a rumor, you will see serious reprocussions would be severe. The NFL dont want this to be a common practice.

My revised plan:

1st - OT - Williams
    2nd - OLB - Henderson or Adibi
    3rd - RB - Rice or Smith (trade up to get Rice if not too expensive
    3rd - OG - Rachel or Schuening
    4th - MLB - Beau Bell

We'll have a solid OL with a shifty RB and also a good LB unit that can fly to the ball.

We'll see how much Rice climbs draft boards now that he's getting so much publicity. I've heard about him quite a few times recently as a steal for whoever gets him in the 3rd round. Well, if everyone thinks he'll be a steal in the third, someone will end up taking him late second.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Kiper loves Rice and said this morning that he could see him going late 1st or in the early 2nd.

I also learned that Kiper does 100 situps during commercial breaks on his radio show.
    Yet instead of giving him killer abs, it actually causes antennae to appear through his trademark hair.

We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    The Jake Long Miami presser is on ESPN News right now, signed and sealed.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread