+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Tom Izzo to Detroit! (old thread)

Bring Tom Izzo to Detroit! (old thread)

We all know Flip is horrible. No one wants him here. I wouldn't be surprised if Dumars even secretly despised him. So who do we replace him with? I say get us Tom Izzo. Make the call Joe.

Obviously it wouldn't happen until after the season, but who would oppose this? Here's my proposed coaching staff.

Head Coach - Tom Izzo
    Assistant Coaches - Dave Cowens, Michael Currey, Bill Lambeer

Obviously the trainers/medical staff would stay the same (we'll never let Arnie go).

Izzo has the fire. He has the passion. He actually knows what the hell he's doing, whereas Flip has repeatedly proven he doesn't have a clue. We're not winning anything with Flip here, so bring in someone new. At the very least, Izzo won't be afraid to play the young guys and develop their talent. What do we have to lose?

Just trying to start a fun conversation here. Who knows if this would ever actually happen.
    _

When Stuckey comes back and Flip Murray consistantly plays 25 minutes a night, and Chris Webber comes back and plays 30 minutes a night...then I may be on board with you. Right now I am going to hold off until I see the team play a long stretch without missing key players.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    This thread would have been much more interesting about 7-8 weeks ago before MSU football went in the tank and the Sparties ran for cover.

I've thought for years that Izzo was a viable choice for the Pistons, I'll go as far as saying that I feel it's almost "likely", someday.
    Find a new slant.

I rememeber reading reports before that Dumars had talked to him and Izzo wasn't ready to leave MSU yet. But that was at least a year or two ago.

By the way, talk like that won't get you into the green and white tent. Its a good thing Bukdow doesn't read teh NBA thread.
    _

I'd take a little brown bag of dog feces over Flip Saunders so why not Izzo?

Any coach that lets an undersized power forward shoot 17-20 against you without even attempting to make adjustments (similar to watching lebron tear us a new one last year in game 5..only shaq or wilt chamberlain should be able to go 17-20) or to never try doubling Deron Williams (who is great) who was absolutely abusing an overmatched chauncey billups...flip needs to go.

Not to mention how flip's substitution patterns in the 4th quarter were solely responsible for 2 of those west coast swing losses (lakers and kings) I've had enough. When Reggie Theus outcoaches you...well, that's just bad. This team is going nowhere with Flip Saunders. I don't see how Joe Dumars doesn't realize this.

Saunders is so much better than Izzo it's laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Saunders is so much better than Izzo it's laughable.
    Care to back that statement up? I"m not saying you're right or wrong, I'd just like to know you're reasoning.
    _

We might win a couple more games with a different coach, but Flip isn't the reason that we don't win the title, imo. We are too soft in the middle. We need a big man with attitude.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Care to back that statement up? I"m not saying you're right or wrong, I'd just like to know you're reasoning.

Sheed in shoulder pads.

? I'm not quite sure I follow.
    _

+ Reply to Thread