+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Carr retires, Miles/Schiano balk, UM's coaching search continues...

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I don't think we should base our coaching needs on a freshman that hasn't played a single snap of college football.
    MoTown, you're missing the point. We need Ferentz, and another 13 years of mediocrity, but we'll be able to watch McGuffie jump over defensive backs for the next four years!
    Just think of the damage he'll do against teams like Arkansas in the Capitol One Bowl!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    I don't even wanna think about it, Zip!!

(who's Kirk Ferentz?)

I know who he is

You might have to stop thinking about it and start learning to say "I'm a Michigan State Fan along with Zip Goshboots"

http://www.mgoblog.com/
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    I heard today that if LM is hired than McGuffie is gone, but if its KF than McGuffie will be at Michigan next year.
    I thought his choice was based on whether we kept Fred Jackson or not.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

No Chris, apparently McGuffie and Les had a huge falling out while Sam was being recruited and LM told him that he didn't think he was a college running back and he wanted him to play safety or WR. He said that even if they kept Jackson he would be going to Texas A&M, but I'm not sure how he feels about old ass Mike Sherman being the coach there.

well, I would never take a coach based on a recruit. However, I have also heard some pretty wierd things about Miles lately too.

I can understand his stance on McGuffie though. I have a hard time believing McGuffie is an every down RB. I don't think his frame can take a pounding like that. Maybe he's a lot stronger than he looks, I don't know. In all the highlights I've seen he's not taking many hits, so you can't tell what his durability might be.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I love how the smear campaigns kick into gear the second any candidate is mentioned.

It's almost like politics.
    Find a new slant.

Sounds like Les Miles will be the next head coach at Michigan. Kirk Ferentz has officially taken himself out of the running and Les has emerged as not only a strong candidate, but the only candidate. As you would expect with Martin, he will let LM take care of business this weekend in the SEC Championship Game, but you can expect that after that he will be named as the coach of Michigan. No specifics on contracts or what will happen with the bowl games.

It would only make sense for Lloyd to coach Michigan and Miles to coach LSU, but some seem to think that Les accepting the Michigan offer will piss off enough people that they won't want him coaching a bowl game.

I was listening to ??? Sports show and they said that it'll be easier for LM to take the UofM job before the bowl game now that its not the big one. Makes sense.

And that LSU wants to know if he's gone so they can have more of a choice of coaches. If LM waits to tell them, all the coaches (good ones) will be hired already.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Les will be having a press conference on Monday.

As far as Sam McGuffie goes, dont believe everything you read.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

+ Reply to Thread