+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: There is NOTHING special about Mallet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Are you serious, or is Mallet your new blue and yellow boyfriend? If it wasn`t for Manningham and the other dude who regularly beats up his girlfriend, UM, and Mallet, would have been beat like a drum today. The receivers made up for Mallet`s atrocious play.

bukdow, why are you all of a sudden trashing Mallett? Is it because he was a top recruit?? A player that wouldn't even both with, much less consider attending Michigan State. Do you feel threatened by him??? One things for sure, I'd have to believe he will go 3-0 Vs. MSU for the remainder of his tenure at U of M...

What a clown, and I suppose Brian Hoyer is worlds better right? And that was a cute stab you took at Adrian Arrington too. Even TJ Williams and SirDaren Adams thought that was funny...

fag

28-24

Blog Entries
    I LOVE it when someone throws in a "fag" at the end.

I'll be watching...I can not wait to see how this unfolds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mailman
    I LOVE it when someone throws in a "fag" at the end.

I'll be watching...I can not wait to see how this unfolds.

he is a fag

Blog Entries
    It's like arguing w/ my father...a father than I cannot see, hear, love, or respect.

Fucking Spartan.

bikdow may or may not be gay, but he gets alot of mileage out of his threads.

I say you should just stick to the argument at hand. It's ridiculous to trash Mallett. He has played very well so far. The team around him has not.

He probably didn't get many snaps in Spring and summer practice, as Henne had, until this season, proved pretty durable. That Henne has been injured this year is a comment on UM's offensive line. To expect a freshman to prosper with mediocre blocking AND an injured Hart is a tall order.

We'll have to wait, as usual for Michigan fans, for next year. I expect Mallett to do very well. I DO think he'll have to do it without Manningham, whose act is not only wearing thin with me, but I think Mario will go pro after this season.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    bikdow may or may not be gay, but he gets alot of mileage out of his threads.

I say you should just stick to the argument at hand. It's ridiculous to trash Mallett. He has played very well so far. The team around him has not.

He probably didn't get many snaps in Spring and summer practice, as Henne had, until this season, proved pretty durable. That Henne has been injured this year is a comment on UM's offensive line. To expect a freshman to prosper with mediocre blocking AND an injured Hart is a tall order.

We'll have to wait, as usual for Michigan fans, for next year. I expect Mallett to do very well. I DO think he'll have to do it without Manningham, whose act is not only wearing thin with me, but I think Mario will go pro after this season.
    Granted, the only extended time I have seen him play is against Wisconsin. That being said, the kid was HORRIBLE. He threw into triple coverage and was intercepted what, twice? He threw at Manningham`s, and the guy who regularly beats up his girlfriend, feet. Neither of those had to do with how many snaps he had, or had not, taken in the spring and summer. If you watched that game, you saw Manningham getting pretty annoyed with Mallet`s atrocious play.

The reason why this is pertinent is because this kid was heralded as the next coming by the blue and yellow bootblacks. If it wasn`t for two very good receivers, Mallet would look worse than that other fop over at ND.

And which is it wolvies? Is the UM O-line super-duper or as Zippy says, mediocre? Seems like you guys were crowing like a drunk parrot about UM`s O-line at the beginning of the season.

Blog Entries
    bukdow, I got your back man.

Joel, unless you engage in intelligent, objective discussion, and not just hate filled anti Lloyd and hate filled "if you didnt go to Michigan you can't root for them" rhetoric, your opinion just isn't valid.
    I do thank you for giving us these wonderful threads, though. Like I said, they're good for some mileage.

Now, as I've so cogently insisted, Mallett will be fine at Michigan. That does depend, of course, in part on how accurate the recruit rankings people are with THEIR assessments of his talent. If UM surrounds him with the type of talent and coaching they usually do, he will enjoy the average 9-3 season, he will beat MSU three out of four (if not four out of four like Henne), and get drafted in the 3rd to 6th round by an NFL team and then prosper.

And UM's offensive line is, in my opinion, not very good. If you watch the games, and see how much the UM QB is pressured, how much penetration D lines and blitzers get, you'd have to agree.

Also,many, many UM running plays get stuffed at or near the line of scrimmage. Mike Hart seems to get most of his yardage after contact. UM has NO screen play, reverses, or any "trickeration" in part because they cannot block anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Joel, unless you engage in intelligent, objective discussion, and not just hate filled anti Lloyd and hate filled "if you didnt go to Michigan you can't root for them" rhetoric, your opinion just isn't valid.
    I do thank you for giving us these wonderful threads, though. Like I said, they're good for some mileage.

Now, as I've so cogently insisted, Mallett will be fine at Michigan. That does depend, of course, in part on how accurate the recruit rankings people are with THEIR assessments of his talent. If UM surrounds him with the type of talent and coaching they usually do, he will enjoy the average 9-3 season, he will beat MSU three out of four (if not four out of four like Henne), and get drafted in the 3rd to 6th round by an NFL team and then prosper.

And UM's offensive line is, in my opinion, not very good. If you watch the games, and see how much the UM QB is pressured, how much penetration D lines and blitzers get, you'd have to agree.

Also,many, many UM running plays get stuffed at or near the line of scrimmage. Mike Hart seems to get most of his yardage after contact. UM has NO screen play, reverses, or any "trickeration" in part because they cannot block anybody.
    Zippy, if you are going to back peddle that much, do be careful, or you might fall and break your neck. Mallet was a highly touted recruit that the blue and yellow world was pissing themselves over. After seeing the kid play, he has a LONG way to go. Bad decisions, no pocket awareness and poor leadership abilities.

Lemme see: A freshman has to make some improvements.
    I no longer doubt that you have those degrees from Michigan State University. You surely display your intelligence with every post.

+ Reply to Thread