+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: There is NOTHING special about Mallet

Blog Entries
    I must say that I masturbate WITH arm strength, not about it.

LMAO at aBudkow. They finally get their 6th win and he shows up.

Congrats. Dont talk shit about Mallett. He makes freshman mistakes, but he also makes some great players.

He is 3-0 when he starts and they game plan for him. He doesnt do so well when they go with Henne because the gameplan is set up for a senior QB.

Saying that, he led them back to within 2 late in the 4th.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

I agree with bukdow for the first time in my life. So far Mallett has looked nowhere near average. But is it him or our stone age offense? Remember, we somehow managed to turn Tom Brady into a 6th round pick.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I agree with bukdow for the first time in my life. So far Mallett has looked nowhere near average. But is it him or our stone age offense? Remember, we somehow managed to turn Tom Brady into a 6th round pick.

He's only a frosh...he was impressive in his start @ Penn State...he's going to be a major project this offseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    LMAO at aBudkow. They finally get their 6th win and he shows up.

Congrats. Dont talk shit about Mallett. He makes freshman mistakes, but he also makes some great players.

He is 3-0 when he starts and they game plan for him. He doesnt do so well when they go with Henne because the gameplan is set up for a senior QB.

Saying that, he led them back to within 2 late in the 4th.
    No, Manningham led UM back to within two, despite Mallet.

As stupid as bukdow is for making this thread, he is absolutely right. I have never seen a worse quarterback attend the University of Michigan. I don't want to hear that "he's just a freshman" crap. A special ed kid could have a higher football-IQ than him.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Screw Mallett! It's all about Juice right now.

I'm OK with cogent analysis of Mallett. Especially considering that he will probably play the next three years with an actual coaching staff.

He shows trememndous potential. He will learn to feel the pressure as he goes on, and learn to toss the ball out of bounds. He may also get receivers who can make a catch or fight for a ball that isn't dropped into their jockstrap. He may also get receivers who won't drop a pass at a crucial time.

When you play a freshman QB, even this late, you do things to help him out (especially when Mike Hart is also injured).

Ever hear of a screen? The "tight end"? A reverse? An end around?
    What do you do when your offensive line plays so horribly? When your running backs can't block?

What do you do when your defense gets it's ass handed to it? When they give up huge chunks of yardage? Can;t hold on third down? Can't make a a play to turn the game around (an interception or fumble returned for a TD, or generate a turnover in the other teams end of the field. And what do you do when they know how to use punting to their advantage to pin you deep in your end so many times?

And lemme axe you dis: How about special teams? Zolton Mesko has to be the worst punter in college football. His kicks are not high, nor are they long.

Has anyone EVER seen Michigan block a punt or a field goal?

Sometimes, too, it is OK to return kickoffs more than 16 yards and punts more than 3 yards. And guess what? It is LEGAL to return them for touchdowns occassionally (and not just against Indiana or Northworstern).

Lastly, though I am no expert, I believe that it IS OK to have your players motivated when the game starts, to have them fired up and ready to "kick some arse". That may be a tactic that could prove more beneficial than having to look at the game clock week in and week out and finding yourself down by ten or more points in the fourth quarter.

When you have a freshman QB, all other aspects of the TEAM need to play better than they usually do. They need to "step it up". You hope the freshman limits his mistakes, and you hope the rest of the team can hold up their end of the bargain while you wait for the freshman to make the ten or twelve (if that) good plays he is going to make, especially against a quality opponent.

Mario dropped a pass in the fourth that may have duplicated the 97 yarder. Greg Matthews flailed away like a bukdow on the long interception. Manningham spent the game pouting and yelling at Mallett (even the announcer said that Mallett may have been goaded into that last interception by Manningham's bullshit). Shawn Crable get's thirty yards of penalties on a short field, leading to a Wisconsin touchdown. There had to be thirty pairs of Wolverine defensive players underwear on the field after the game as they all forgot how to tackle, when they weren't just getting the hell out of the Badgers' way.

Mallett will be GREAT at UM. There isn;t a college coach in the counrty who wouldn't want to be able to coach the offensive talent UM has. The only coaching staff who doesn;t appreciate UM's offenseive potential is unfortunately housed in Fort Schembechler.

Not for long, though.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    I'm OK with cogent analysis of Mallett. Especially considering that he will probably play the next three years with an actual coaching staff.

He shows trememndous potential. He will learn to feel the pressure as he goes on, and learn to toss the ball out of bounds. He may also get receivers who can make a catch or fight for a ball that isn't dropped into their jockstrap. He may also get receivers who won't drop a pass at a crucial time.

When you play a freshman QB, even this late, you do things to help him out (especially when Mike Hart is also injured).

Ever hear of a screen? The "tight end"? A reverse? An end around?
    What do you do when your offensive line plays so horribly? When your running backs can't block?

What do you do when your defense gets it's ass handed to it? When they give up huge chunks of yardage? Can;t hold on third down? Can't make a a play to turn the game around (an interception or fumble returned for a TD, or generate a turnover in the other teams end of the field. And what do you do when they know how to use punting to their advantage to pin you deep in your end so many times?

And lemme axe you dis: How about special teams? Zolton Mesko has to be the worst punter in college football. His kicks are not high, nor are they long.

Has anyone EVER seen Michigan block a punt or a field goal?

Sometimes, too, it is OK to return kickoffs more than 16 yards and punts more than 3 yards. And guess what? It is LEGAL to return them for touchdowns occassionally (and not just against Indiana or Northworstern).

Lastly, though I am no expert, I believe that it IS OK to have your players motivated when the game starts, to have them fired up and ready to "kick some arse". That may be a tactic that could prove more beneficial than having to look at the game clock week in and week out and finding yourself down by ten or more points in the fourth quarter.

When you have a freshman QB, all other aspects of the TEAM need to play better than they usually do. They need to "step it up". You hope the freshman limits his mistakes, and you hope the rest of the team can hold up their end of the bargain while you wait for the freshman to make the ten or twelve (if that) good plays he is going to make, especially against a quality opponent.

Mario dropped a pass in the fourth that may have duplicated the 97 yarder. Greg Matthews flailed away like a bukdow on the long interception. Manningham spent the game pouting and yelling at Mallett (even the announcer said that Mallett may have been goaded into that last interception by Manningham's bullshit). Shawn Crable get's thirty yards of penalties on a short field, leading to a Wisconsin touchdown. There had to be thirty pairs of Wolverine defensive players underwear on the field after the game as they all forgot how to tackle, when they weren't just getting the hell out of the Badgers' way.

Mallett will be GREAT at UM. There isn;t a college coach in the counrty who wouldn't want to be able to coach the offensive talent UM has. The only coaching staff who doesn;t appreciate UM's offenseive potential is unfortunately housed in Fort Schembechler.

Not for long, though.
    Are you serious, or is Mallet your new blue and yellow boyfriend? If it wasn`t for Manningham and the other dude who regularly beats up his girlfriend, UM, and Mallet, would have been beat like a drum today. The receivers made up for Mallet`s atrocious play.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Gee Joel, watching UM vs Wisconsin instead of doing yardwork? Why would such an MSU fan know so much about UM?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread