+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Draft Redo

I wouldn't classify Cody as terrible. He hasn't lived up to the hype, he's too much of a tweener, but he isn't terrible. He's solid D-Line depth. The problem is that you don't look for solid depth in the 2nd round, you look for potential starters, and I don't think he'll ever turn into a great starter.

Cody is bad. We use random FA scrubs before we use Cody.

Shaun Rogers was a 2nd rounder, not sure how far you are going back though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Rogers was a Millen pick. He was either the same year as Raiola or after him. I thought Raiola was Millen's first draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Rogers was a Millen pick. He was either the same year as Raiola or after him. I thought Raiola was Millen's first draft.
    The first draft was Backus (18th), Riola (50th), Rogers (61st), Scotty Anderson (148th), Mike McMahon (149th), Jason Glenn (173rd)

Not a terrible draft.

If I could redo that draft we'd have (going in order of picks above):

Drew Brees, Rogers, Steve Smith, Derrick Blaylock, AJ Feeley, TJ Houshmanzadeh
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Langston Moore > Shaun Cody...

I suppose Shaun Cody still carries that "upside" tag, kind of like how Darius Miles still has his...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    The first draft was Backus (18th), Riola (50th), Rogers (61st), Scotty Anderson (148th), Mike McMahon (149th), Jason Glenn (173rd)

Not a terrible draft.

If I could redo that draft we'd have (going in order of picks above):

Drew Brees, Rogers, Steve Smith, Derrick Blaylock, AJ Feeley, TJ Houshmanzadeh

That draft was probably one of his best (ain't sayin much), he got all the talent he was ever going to get out of McMahon, the first 3 picks are all still here, with one being a Pro Bowler, and Scott Anderson used to make a big play every so often (maybe three or four in total)...

Last year I was actually hoping we could have traded the pick and somehow packaged the 2nd in to find ourselves with Joe Thomas and Patrick Willis. Not sure how realistic that ever was, but would have been decent. At least CJ hasn't been a bust. But who knew we would get this much production from McDonald?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I thought McDonald would be good (for a 4th WR), but I expected Roy to get more touches still. I didn't think it would be as evenly spread as it has been.

Do you think if we didn't have CJ and Roy both out there, McDonald would be getting as open? He's coming out of the slot a lot, not really playing where CJ is, and having to cover CJ and Roy leaves the slot guys with LBs on them a lot more often. I don't think it would be the same if we didn't have Calvin.

No, he'd have the drop off that Hakim had when he was suddenly a #1/2 WR.

+ Reply to Thread