Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Draft Redo

2007 Draft Redo

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...t&lid=tab1pos1

Per Todd McShay, the Lions should have taken:

2. Detroit Lions -- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
    Original pick: Johnson
    Detroit's offense ranks in the top half of the league in total offense (12th, 339.0 ypg) and scoring (6th, 25.0 ppg) while the defense is giving up 23.1 points per game, so an argument could be made for a defensive player here. Adding to the skeptic's argument, a back injury has limited Johnson's production so far as a rookie. Knowing what we know now DE Gaines Adams would be a consideration, and 19-year-old DT Amobi Okoye has been the most disruptive rookie defensive lineman to date with five sacks on the season. When all is said and done, though, drafting Johnson with the No. 2 overall pick will prove to be the right move. Johnson has shown enough flashes when healthy to justify this selection, including an average of 17.8 yards per catch and an impressive touchdown run in Week 7 against Tampa Bay.

Thoughts?

The 2007 draft is not the one we messed up. Mike Williams over Jammal Brown all those defenders (like Merriman) was the stupid draft. Everyone knew BMW was a tweener (too slow for WR, too small for TE), except Millen.

I liked the CJ pick myself.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I bet we could have turned Williams into a tight end had he wanted to. Problem is he was a HORRIBLE blocker and lacked any drive to become a tight end. He even said he would never play tight end. I hated that pick from the start. I wanted......shit, I'm blanking on his name. Was it Derrick Johnson, the LB the Chiefs drafted?

Blog Entries
    What was funny was how in the '05 Draft, Kiper had Mike Williams #1 on his Big Board

http://www.thefantasyfanatics.com/images/melkiper.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I bet we could have turned Williams into a tight end had he wanted to. Problem is he was a HORRIBLE blocker and lacked any drive to become a tight end. He even said he would never play tight end. I hated that pick from the start. I wanted......shit, I'm blanking on his name. Was it Derrick Johnson, the LB the Chiefs drafted?
    Yeah, most people wanted DJ. I didn't really. I read about him being fast but not that great of a tackler. I didn't want Boss Bailey part two. I wanted Jammal Brown so we'd have the tackle spots anchored finally.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

He was #2 for me, Chris. Mike Williams was somewhere around #25473 on my list of guys we should take.

Blog Entries
    And of course, Drew Sharp writes an article as to how Millen botched the '07 Draft...

I would bet that if AP didn't get the single game rushing record last week, nobody, not even Drew Sharp himself, would consider writing such an article...

What a clown...

How about taking Gary Coleman last year? Has he made enough impact at linebacker to justify skipping Leinhart and Cutler?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of Cutler, he was on the new South Park last week...they took a nice stab at him too

http://broncotalk.net/2007/11/youtub...on-south-park/

+ Reply to Thread