1 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TOC Great 8 Matchup - #1 Ali vs. #2 Jordan, ALI ADVANCES

Check your PMs

TOC Great 8 Matchup - #1 Ali vs. #2 Jordan, ALI ADVANCES

#1 Muhammad Ali

vs.

#2 Michael Jordan

Discuss and provide evidence (video, pics, audio, etc).

Voting ends Nov 9 in the am.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-08-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Both cool. Both intelligent. Both have a flair for the dramatic. Both had drive to be the best.
    But Ali transcended sports, politics, society, race, hate, and the Vietnam War.

Ali's charisma, wit, eloquence, brashness, style, skill, and looks relegates Jordan to a likeness of Pee Wee Herman.

This one shouldn't be close, but we are in the "Nike Generation"; people who are impressed by dunks and waggling tongues and tennis shoe contracts. Not to mention bad commercials with a Jordan so stiff he could be a sleeping palate for someone with a bad back.

This one should not be close.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    This is, to me, the most insulting matchup. Jordan is a poseur, Ali is the champ. If you want to know who's cooler, look at how they've aged. Jordan's a dick, but Ali is an amazing humanitarian. Jordan had incredible physical skill, sure, but Ali was mentally the toughest competitor ever in his sport.

Blog Entries
    No brainer (or a bukdow) for me. Fuck Bugs Bunny.

How would people 100 years from now vote on this, just from reading about them? That alone says everything to me. I can't see anyway one could argue Jordan here.

You could say Jordan had more of an impact on his sport (he changed the rules really), but not more cool. I agree. MJ was nowhere near as cool. he was a media machine...but so is Britney Spears and she is not cool at all.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread