+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Top ten horror films according to...dangit forgot already. I'll edit this.
    edit..HMV.com or something.

1. 'The Exorcist' (1973) - William Friedkin
    2. 'The Shining' (1980) - Stanley Kubrick
    3. 'Halloween' (1978)
    4. 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' (1984) - Wes Craven
    5. 'Ringu' - 'The Ring' (Japanese version) (1998) - Hideo Nakata
    6. 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (1974) - Tobe Hooper
    7. 'The Omen' (1976) - Richard Donner
    8. 'Stephen King's It' (1990) -
    9. 'Hellraiser' (1987) - Clive Barker
    10. 'Hostel' (2005) - Eli Roth

Last edited by Tahoe; 10-31-2007 at 09:18 PM.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Where's Abbott And Costello Meet Frankenstein and Shaun Of The Dead?

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I've yet to see one list I remotely agree with, but that is better than most. I would move TCM way up, Omen way down, and throw Rosemary's Baby in there just off the top of my head. I like how Time Magazine had Bambi in their top 25, and when you consider that most kids see it an such a young age it does make a bit of sense.

Blog Entries
    I'm not really into horror flicks (not because I'm scared or anything) but I remember being too scared to walk around my house in the dark after seeing "IT" as a kid. Now looking back on it, that movie ranks up there with "Child's Play" as possibly the dumbest horror flick ever.

Growing up I watched "The Shining" a few times and tried to give it a chance, but I don't really get why its a good "horror" movie. The movie has so many dry spells in the movie that I imagine most people fall asleep or go make a turkey sandwich during this point.

Blog Entries
    While not really "horror" I watched "Cujo" on HBO as a kid and it was pretty terrifying.

Changed the way that I looked at St. Bernards, for sure.

Up until I saw that movie, St. Bernards were always just getting drunk out of that little barrell with "XXX" on it that they wore around their neck.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    1. The Exorcist is only scary if you really believe in demons and are afraid of the Devil. It's a well-crafted movie either way, though. The acting is really great, the visuals are obviously disturbing, and the sound is fantastic. I hear the director tried to convince the cast that he was mentally unbalanced during the filming, and in order to make them look really scared and disoriented, he occasionally would fire a pistol full of blanks directly at them from the director's chair. Ellen Burstyn swore she would never work with him again, and she never has.

2. The Shining is fucking awesome.

3. Halloween is boring. Typical mindless teen slasher flick. No plot whatsoever.

4. I actually really like A Nightmare On Elm Street, but Freddy is weak. That girl from the first movie is still cute.

5. The Ring is kind of a crappy idea for a movie, but it was done so well, and it is a little spooky. It's kind of the thing that kicked of the Japanese horror movie craze...and Audition was the movie that pretty much ended it. The Japanese have us beat on so much, but no one knew how fucking depraved they are.

6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a movie I never got. I don't know why so many people dig it.

7. The Omen - again, only scary if you really do worry about the Antichrist being born on Earth. The only genuinely scary scene, imho, is the scene where Lee Remick has got the hospital gown covering her head and she gets thrown out the window by the nanny.

8. "It" was awful. It's not really possible to take a book like that and make it into a scary movie.

9. Hellraiser is one of the horror movies I really enthusiastically like. It's just so weird that I am fascinated how anyone ever came up with the idea.

10. Hostel was terrible. Gory as hell but not scary in the slightest, and the end of the movie was so implausible and ridiculous that I actually laughed over the last 15 minutes. Eli Roth is a hack.

I like suspense more than "horror". Haunted houses are "scary" because you know something is coming but you don't know when. Not because some 16 yr old is wearing a mask with a bunch of gross crap on it.
    STEW BEEF!

Exorcist is the only movie i eever walked out of. movie is fucked up. (the old one btw)

the pic scared the shit out of me.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    Exorcist is the only movie i eever walked out of. movie is fucked up. (the old one btw)

the pic scared the shit out of me.

Hey Cross, I know exactly what you mean because

+ Reply to Thread