+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amir injured again

Blog Entries

Amir injured again

Blakely

Amir on the mend ... again: One injury leaves, another one takes its place. It's been that kind of season for third-year forward Amir Johnson, who is now nursing a sore Achilles tendon. For a player known for his athleticism and leaping ability, Johnson and the Pistons' medical staff don't want to take any chances by rushing him on to the court too soon.

"That's my number one tool right there, know what I mean?" said Johnson, who hopes to be back to practicing fully within the next couple of days. "But I'll be all right."

The injury doesn't appear to be too serious, but it will likely mean the 6-foot-11 forward won't see action in Detroit's season opener at Miami. This injury comes after Johnson missed all but the final preseason game, with a sprained left ankle.

Amir still hurting
    The news is not good for Amir Johnson . The left ankle sprain that caused him to miss most of training camp has healed, but now he has soreness in his left Achilles' tendon.

He was held out of the final 45 minutes of practice Tuesday and he probably won't be ready to play in either of the team's first two games.

"It's pretty sore," Johnson said. "But I will be all right."
    Find a new slant.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    So...no Stucky and no Johnson. Hmmm...it seems like we have last year's team back on the foor again.

No biggie here. They were talking about holding Amir out the first two games anyways. This will get Max some more time and Afflalo will get more time with Stucky out. As long as everyone is ready come playoff time it's all good!

I hope this is just an abberation... I've generally been a believer that guys who get injured chronically, is the start of a pattern. Like how some guys get sick a LOT and other guys rarely ever get sick.

"That's my number one tool right there, know what I mean?"
    Yes, I do know what you mean Amir...for you, but I'm lucky to jump over a crack in my driveway at my age.

No big deal on this. I doubt any prognosticator is changing his prognostications on our season cuz of this.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    The way Kander was quoted, it was fallout from compensating for the initial injury, and not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    The way Kander was quoted, it was fallout from compensating for the initial injury, and not a big deal.
    Exactly, It's the same spot, on the same leg. Too close to be a coincidence. He's got to have a few completely unrelated injuries before I start worrying about long term. I'm way more nervous about Flip actually playing him. Especially, now that he's got an excuse.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Pretty much what I was thinking too.

Yep, me too.

+ Reply to Thread