+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: MSU at Iowa

They're over on the Detroit News Boards talking shit about UM losing to Apple St and having some players arrested.
    There's one big difference between thse boards and the News Big Ten board: The guys here are quitters (jethro, Tre, etc). Over there they just continue on with their bullshit.
    It's acttually a little bit more fun.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Budkow was arrested for assaulting Wal-Mart Wolverines through the night.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    I am scared with Mallett running the team because he will be starting a road game against a rival. I thought he played great in the 2nd half and throws a great long ball, but I am just not convinced he is ready yet.

3-0 as a starter though.

He's not going to start the MSU game...Henne will

Quote Originally Posted by JickBoy34
    Where is the Sparty contingent?????????
    buckdow and tre decided to exlore other interests... since they gave up on sparty football. but dont worry, they havent forgotten you all. in fact, they just asked me to say hello to you all from them

Sorry to disappoint boys...

...but I'll show up to get poked with the stick. I was in a fucking hideous, disgusting 20x20 booth at a trade show Thursday thru Sunday. Four days of my fucking life I'll never get back. I was able to get to see the 2nd Spartan drive where they drove down the field with a nice mix of run and pass for a 7-0 lead. Off I go feeling almost smug that when I reviewed the tape when I got home this would be an easy win (note I didn't bid a nickel on it). SURPRISE!!!! A 17-3 halftime lead turns into another loss. It's become nearly laughable. As I said after the NW game I'm near certain its' in the water. This is like being handcuffed to a theater seat and made to watch "Saw 5." Different writer, different director, different actors, and different sets combining for the same bad movie.

All of a sudden Zip G. is rising from the dead in the C. Hitchens book sweepstakes. I still like my chances but its' gotta' be Purdon't & Penn State. Another week of MSU flailing at ballcarriers has convinced me U of Mum could make Mallett a RB and he'd get 150 yards if he can keep one size 19 off the other. So now I'm all set to go up to the game in East Lansing and my beloved Sun Devils are playing Oregon at the same time. I'm bummed but more bummed at the probability of taking the "donut" for both games. I don't see the Devils beating Quack-Quack in Eugene but beware disparagers Erickson is doing this with Koetters guys. The fucking guy can coach and the WOTS from my Tempe boys is that he can consume some Grey Goose too.

U-M 35 MSU 20

OK that said assume the position. It's almost hoop season.

I was just thinking about which book I'd like to add to my collection. I am almost out of coloring books that have pages left, and my "Pop Up GI Joe Action War Book" is getting kind of tattered.

Nice to see a Sparty standing up, but you have always been that kind of poster. It's certainly not out of character.

I thought that the last four games were going to be tough for Dantonio to grind out that 6th (or 7th) bowl win. They needed (duh!) to get that win at Iowa not just for bowling purposes, but to build on their solid showing against Tressel. I still think that Sparty can feel pretty good, because now it's down to that old bugaboo: Talent and depth.

One thing I really don't understand is the lack of use for Ringer. Is there a secret health issue? He's got to be as good as Young, who tore you guys up real bad. I can't figure not getting the ball to Ringer (running plays) 30 times or more.

I am not dodging at all. Believe it or not, but people that actually have lives are sometimes to busy to monitor a message board 24/7.

Yep, the loss to Iowa was pretty bad. MSU had it rolling in the first half, but then just got out-willed by Iowa.

Some may ask, "Where is the progress?". Well, I`ll say this, MSU hasn`t been blown out of a single game this season. I know that sounds a little Pollyannish, but its a sign that the team isn`t quitting.

I think this teams sees a big bandage in the form of a victory over UM. Obviously, MSU is going to have to stop Hart and get pressure on Henne. I think MSU is going to be very motivated for the game. Therefore, I stick by my original prediction of an MSU victory. MSU 31 UM 28.

You can keep hoping, Joel, but it isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    You can keep hoping, Joel, but it isn't going to happen.
    well, we will have to wait and see. If MSU does win, I can`t wait to see how you overly-attached losers react.

It would definately suck to lose to an inferior team, but we've already done that once this year.

I'd rather be more talented and take my chances with an upset here and there, than have a shitty program, go 1-4 in the Big10 and my only real hope for making an impact on anything is by upsetting someone.

+ Reply to Thread