+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 MSU Football Players Charged With Robbery

Blog Entries

3 MSU Football Players Charged With Robbery

Obviously this is either an oversight or a conspiracy.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/10781146.html

3 MSU Football Players Charged With Robbery

Posted: 10:54 PM Oct 24, 2007
    Last Updated: 9:00 AM Oct 25, 2007

Reporter: Jeff Proctor
    Email Address: jeff.proctor@wilx.com

Three Michigan State University football players were charged with unarmed robbery Wednesday. Linebacker SirDarean Adams and defensive backs T.J. Williams and Jeremy Ware were arraigned in 55th District Court in East Lansing. We don't know the details of the crime except that it happened last April. MSU football coach Mark Dantonio says he was notified around the same time. He says the players are still on the team and will continue to play in games until the legal process is finished.

He released the following statement to News 10:
    “We were notified about an alleged incident back in late April, and this week charges were filed. We have closely monitored this situation for over six months. Throughout this process, our student-athletes have been cooperative with the authorities, and they have maintained their innocence to all parties involved. In fairness to the student-athletes alleged to have been involved in the incident, the prudent decision is to allow the legal process to continue to run its full course and for the truth to be determined. These student-athletes will remain on the roster and continue to have the opportunity to play in games. We take allegations of this nature very seriously, and we will not discuss this issue any further until there’s a legal resolution.”
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Not nearly as big as The Fab Five.

Is that his real name or a missprint. SirDarean?
    STEW BEEF!

That's his real name.

And this doesn't take away from the fact that Michigan lost to App State.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Good call....

With the way the "O" played against OSU you knew it had to be "unarmed robbery", no?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Can we talk about field hockey some more?
    Find a new slant.

I'm a big fan of "due process". No gun, no foul. I say let 'em play until they get their 90 hours of community service and six months probation.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPN.com's front page
    They were arraigned Wednesday in District Court in Mason on a felony robbery charge, according to court records. Williams also was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery in the altercation on April 21.
    I hear that felonies are lovely this time of year.

Also: Appalachian State
    Find a new slant.

I realize that due process should be allowed to play itself out, but I would suspend them from the team. They should not even be implicated in such a thing.

Allegedly, the three of them beat up a guy outside an L&L grocery and then robbed him. These thug football players really get on my nerves. I don`t give a damn if they are 16-star super-recruit, if they cut from the "thug-life" cloth, I do not want them anywhere the football team. I`d rather go 6-6 with good kids than be in the NC with a bunch of damned hoodlums.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    I realize that due process should be allowed to play itself out, but I would suspend them from the team. They should not even be implicated in such a thing.

Allegedly, the three of them beat up a guy outside an L&L grocery and then robbed him. These thug football players really get on my nerves. I don`t give a damn if they are 16-star super-recruit, if they cut from the "thug-life" cloth, I do not want them anywhere the football team. I`d rather go 6-6 with good kids than be in the NC with a bunch of damned hoodlums.
    I'm of the opinion that where you have 100 people gathered (and of course, they aren't Message Board Saints), you got some negative elements.

I love that coaches know what they're getting, and still try to work with kids that, let's face it, if it weren't for sports, society would rather toss into prison.

You try to work with, and teach them good things when you are a coach. You hope you are the ONE that gets them turned around. AND, you don't abandon them when they screw up.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread