+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Heat/Wolves deal - Ricky/Blount for 'Toine/1st?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I really don't see how this helps the Heat all that much except for the fact that 'Toine won't be shooting 10 3's a game anymore.

Ricky Davis is can score, but he also needs the ball in his hands. Maybe somehow that will help the Heat, but I think Davis and Wade will butt heads after a couple of months.
    I dont believe that'll happen. It didnt happen with king chucker Antoine walker, and Davis may be willing to compromise on a competitive team much like Walker did.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

bottom line is, neither blount nor davis do anything else well except score.

They don't make the Heat any better than Walker, who did a little of everything.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

They don't make the Heat any better than Walker, who did a little of everything.
    Actually Blount is a better rebounder these days and Davis is a better scorer. Sounds like they'll cover Walkers stats fairly well. Along with Blount having a decent consistent post game. Something walker didnt have. And both guys shoot better at the FT line. Another thing Walker didnt do so well.

I honestly cant see how they are worse off. Walker was no defensive stopper. Nor was he known as one in his career. But when you got shaq and zo behind you, you can take more gambles on defense. Also Miami will zone quite a bit to keep anyone from getting too exploited typically. Another reason Walker was saved from getting served as much as he typically has been in his career.

Either way you hold Walker in a much higher regard than i would expect at this stage in his career to measure him above Blount and Ricky Davis combined. Either that or you hate the idea of Miami getting better overall so much that you block it out mentally. They arent a powerhouse by any means yet, but they did get better.

But why am i telling you all this. Why dont you elaborate on what Walker did that they lost on the positive side. I only ask because you brought it up and i just dont see it. And please explain when blount became a scorer only at 6 rebounds a game and ricky davis adding almost 4 boards a game last year ? Yikes even blount was a better 3 point shooter than walker.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I think Blount is the bigger pickup than Davis. Ricky will be relatively lost once DWade is at 100% again. But Blount at least gives them more of an inside presence, something they obviously needed since Antoine was one of their PFs.

I can see the Haslem for Alston (and a salary throw-in to make it work) swap picking up some steam again.

I like Davis, I've always liked Davis. Davis > Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

Getting just one of these players alone for Antoine is good enough. This guy was too fat so he got suspended. Do you really want that kind of shit?

Blount can play both the 4,5 and has some outside game as in taking jumpers from 15 feet out.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Offense is supposed to be Antoine's strong point, and Antoine's shot 39% FG (27% from 3P range) and a Ben Wallace-like 43% from the FT line last year.

On the bright side, he'll make Juwan Howard look good.

Blog Entries
    I want the Walker/Howard/Ratliff/Madsen poster for my wall when it comes out.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I hope Walker gets depressed in Minnesota and just keeps eating, so that way there is an athlete I can actually pity instead of envy.

Blog Entries
    I've heard that repeated chucking cures depression.

Who knows, maybe he'll find the "fours" there that he's always been searching for.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread