+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47
FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: MSU chokes vs. UM

Maybe I am too negative, but watching this team play with a lead drives me crazy. It seems like whenever they open up the offense and play aggressive they score, but they only do this if absolutely necssary. While Henne had some poor throws, I think he would be more consistent if he threw on downs other than 3rd when michigan has the lead. The michigan offense is easy to stop when the other teams knows that run-run-pass is coming. It kills me when commentators praise lloyd for his agressive play calling (e.g., illinois game) when they should really just point out that the offense playcalling should aggressive and unpredictable for the entire game. Michigan state played well in the second half, but michigan just seemed indifferent for most of the game even when they had the lead in the first half.

Anyways, it is ironic that msu has played um and osu as close as anyone, but is still 1-5 in conference.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    Maybe I am too negative, but watching this team play with a lead drives me crazy. It seems like whenever they open up the offense and play aggressive they score, but they only do this if absolutely necssary. While Henne had some poor throws, I think he would be more consistent if he threw on downs other than 3rd when michigan has the lead. The michigan offense is easy to stop when the other teams knows that run-run-pass is coming. It kills me when commentators praise lloyd for his agressive play calling (e.g., illinois game) when they should really just point out that the offense playcalling should aggressive and unpredictable for the entire game. Michigan state played well in the second half, but michigan just seemed indifferent for most of the game even when they had the lead in the first half.

Anyways, it is ironic that msu has played um and osu as close as anyone, but is still 1-5 in conference.
    Couldn't agree with you more X. Been saying that about U-M's offense and LLLLLLoyd for years. But with that said, I can't say enough about Henne and his performance today. To go out there with 3 injuries, make the throws that he did and lead us all the way back to a victory, I'd call it legendary.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Yes, the stuff of legends, needing to lead your team to a last minute victory over a team that is horrible.

BTW: does ANYONE on this board really think UM has a chance against Ohio State?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Is the correct answer "if Michigan's D shows up"?

Honestly, I give Michigan about a 10% chance of winning the game, but I'm only 40% certain of that.

OSU deserves to be #1, but I still don't think they are the best team in all of the land.

If UM plays it's best game of the year, they've got a puncher's chance.
    Find a new slant.

"BTW: does ANYONE on this board really think UM has a chance against Ohio State?"

the fuck? i LOVE our chances vs osu. talk about overrated. that team aint special, and it aint number 1. if we had to go to the shoe, it'd be different.

but they have to come to the house. and they have to go up against two of the greatest gamers in UM history who are both 0-3 vs the rivals. yup, henne and hart are 0-6 in osu and bowl games and i'll call them among the best gamers ive seen.

was there ANY doubt when we were down 10 that hart would go back in the game? kellen winslow doesnt know what a soldier is compared to this guy.

osu can stop the javon ringers, it aint stopping a hart if hart is even close to healthy (cogent arrogance). and henne will have a field day w/ their overrated secondary. and i LOOOOVE how our D matches up w/ their O. 27-20 good guys.

ps whats the deal zip? youve been bad talking this team since we lost to ASU. you even said this team wasnt going to play 500 ball. maybe its time to reevaluate your opinion of lloyd. dude righted the ship when i'd say maybe 9 coaches in 10 would have lost the team. fools rush in. if lloyd leaves this year, it might be for the best. but we better be damn sure we're bringing in a premiere coach before we give him the axe. as hard as it is to believe for some, this program has a lot of room to fall.

Blog Entries
    Who saw Valenti's snipit in the paper today:

"First off, Michigan isn't that good, they are a left-handed football team"

Somebody's a little bitter, it's not like Chad and Hart were a bit hobbled or anything right Mike, you pig...

Blog Entries
    Hart should be able to put 100+ on Ohio States defense, he did it last year, I expect the same this year...

The short answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Yes, the stuff of legends, needing to lead your team to a last minute victory over a team that is horrible.

Uh, no! The "Moonballs" into the end zone work like a charm.........against MSU DB's (see Braylon a few years ago) not so good with OSU's DB's who have actually been known to turn around before the whistle blows to see where the ball might be. There's a concept!!

If A2 wins it will be in the vein of the Boffo upset of the Tim Biaaakvcnbeyhgtndjnvghejjeuka senior year. OSU had like 100 #1 draft picks and TB has about 200 on them in the 1st half. I was in the house. What an ass kicking. Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle twice. I'm skeptical.

the best team in the land

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Is the correct answer "if Michigan's D shows up"?

Honestly, I give Michigan about a 10% chance of winning the game, but I'm only 40% certain of that.

OSU deserves to be #1, but I still don't think they are the best team in all of the land.

If UM plays it's best game of the year, they've got a puncher's chance.
    This is shaping up for an Oregon-OSU NC. If so look for the Ducks to treat them just as shabbily as a team wearing Blue & orange did last year. Ducks are good and Dixon is the Hypeman Winner. He's a tremendous athlete. Too bad no one sees him play up there in the PAC NW.

Blog Entries
    I do not want to hear about the OSU game until after the Wisconsin game!

+ Reply to Thread