+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 228
FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2271

Thread: Things that suck...

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Wait a couple years.
    29 and they don't happen to me yet. Drank a case Friday (THANKS WINGS) and while I wasn't overflowing with energy Saturday morning, I wan't at all hungover either.

IMO if you always drink a lot and do it often eventually at some point your body just realises that it's part of the routine.

Back in the day I would have 6 or 7 drinks every night. Eventually I needed to drink more to get the buzz. I ended up drinking half a carton every night and never got a hangover.

It was all part of the day to day life. If I didn't have a drink at all one night it didn't effect my tolerance to it cause the next time I drank I still had to consume half a carton.

On a big night I would drink a 700ml bottle of Rum or Beam or Scotch then have half a carton of beer and then go out and spend $100 on my own drinks. It was part of the Saturday Show.

Now that I don't drink at all (only at a Birthday or BBQ) I can still go through half a bottle of Scotch and not feel it.

BTW, that might sound great but you need to remember that the higher your tolerance the more money you have to spend getting drunk.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

What's a "carton"? Is that some sort of metric thing? How many beers in a carton? Or is it just a big carton of beer, like milk, with pictures of your "missing" realatives all over it?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Isn't the point of drinking to get drunk (or at least loose)? Having to drink a lot for it to have an effect sounds like you were fucked. Alcohol tastes like shit. That's why Tahoe drinks pineapple juice twisters or whatever.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    What's a "carton"? Is that some sort of metric thing? How many beers in a carton? Or is it just a big carton of beer, like milk, with pictures of your "missing" realatives all over it?
    Australians occasionally use "carton of beer" instead of "24-pack".

I call that a case....

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Or is it just a big carton of beer, like milk
    That actually sounds pretty awesome.

that would be the shit if they dropped it off at your house like a milk man.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Well, here in Oz we have the Beer Man. He brings around this large ass carton of beer and leaves on your doorstep. All you gotta do is remember to leave the money under the welcome mat the night before.

Seriously, a carton of beer is 24 or 30 bottles/cans. We don't call it a case. A case has to be solved - a carton has to be drunk.

And Fool is right - the only reason to drink is to get the buzz or get fucking smashed. The more often you get smashed (in my case it was almost nightly - like a college student) the more it's gonna cost you in the long run.

Like I said - I rarely drink anymore but last month was my fiance's birthday and I managed to drink about 3 quarters of a 1 litre bottle of Scotch in approx 5 hours and I barely got the buzz.

That's extremely disappointing.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Well, here in Oz we have the Beer Man. He brings around this large ass carton of beer and leaves on your doorstep. All you gotta do is remember to leave the money under the welcome mat the night before.
    See, that's funny, because here in Detroit we have a Beer Man too. He rides around in a big colorful van with pictures of different beers on it, and he stops when people flag him down and sells beer out of a big window in the side of the van. He comes around only in the summertime, and you know he's coming because he plays this music:

+ Reply to Thread