+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Midnight Madness TONIGHT

Midnight Madness TONIGHT

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Anyone plan on going? Or is it just not a big enough deal with everything else going on?

Also, MSU will be having theirs at Munn due to Cirque de Soleil. How gay.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Wow, a whole new twist to the "Tenuous, at best" argument: Sparty Basketball! A lifetime supply of insecure twits who attach themselves to Sparty Basketball because the Midget of Iron Mountain has turned them into a winner!
    Lame jackasses, all of you! Kmart Sparties!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Wow, a whole new twist to the "Tenuous, at best" argument: Sparty Basketball! A lifetime supply of insecure twits who attach themselves to Sparty Basketball because the Midget of Iron Mountain has turned them into a winner!
    Lame jackasses, all of you! Kmart Sparties!
    I can't even stand coming to this board anymore with nothing but same old shit like this to read. Look at the people we've lost. Jethro, Tommy Z, and even JackTalkT doesn't really come around anymore. Glad we're headed in a positive direction.

I totally wanted to go, but I had to drive a girl in our school's halftime homecoming festivities. Wish I could have been there, sounds like it was an amazing start to an amazing season.

MSU Hoops: Midnight Madness Coverage

By Pavel Kofman
    GSN Senior Basketball Reporter
    Posted Oct 13, 2007

This year's theme was based on the epic Spartan movie "300"

In an unusual change of scenery, Midnight Madness changed venues this year from the Breslin Center to just across the street at Munn Ice Arena, but nonetheless, the event proved to be a success as always.

This year’s theme was based on the epic movie “300” which documents 300 Spartan warriors going against an outnumbering army.

Just as the clip of “300” at every MSU football game has had success, the basketball team adopted the same idea, with players entering the court shirtless in a green cape, holding a circular golden shield.

Then coach Tom Izzo made his annual entrance at Midnight Madness. In past years he has been catapulted down from the rafters in Breslin, and last year he arrived on an army tank.

This year, Izzo entered the court decked out in silver Spartan warrior armor, taking off his helmet to reveal a fake warrior-like beard, much like the king of Sparta in “300”.

After introductions and a shoot-around by the women’s basketball team, the men took the court and put on a high speed horse race up and down the court.

Travis Walton fed an alley-oop to freshman Chris Allen and the white team was off and running, along with the rest of the players on the court.

If there was one word to describe the scrimmage, it would simply be “Fast”. The team showed obvious signs of a Tom Izzo-coached team: a fast-break running team that plays great defense.

In a twenty-minute scrimmage that featured three breaks, the two teams managed to rack up a final score of 51-45 with the white team bringing home the victory.

Junior Marquise Gray showed off his long-range game, sinking two back-to-back three pointers for the white team.

It was typical Drew Neitzel out on the court, burying three long-range jumpers.

But out of all the storylines at Midnight Madness, it was a chance for the 8,000 fans in attendance to see the highly touted freshman show off their game.

Durrell Summers could be the best dunker on the team and he showed off his jump and speed in the slam-dunk showcase in the pre-game shoot-around. He also did not hesitate to shoot the three during the scrimmage.

Chris Allen showed off his versatility by throwing the ball down on several alley-oops from Travis Walton, and then stepping back to drain the three.

Kalin Lucas put on a passing display, feeding open guys on the fast-break.

And finally, Austin Thornton dunked the ball and showed off his outside shot.

Overall, the scrimmage made everyone in the stands salivate thinking about how much they can’t wait to see this team in real game action.

It is easy to see why this team has such high expectations for the 2008-2009 season, and if they can play as a team like they did against each other at Midnight

Blog Entries
    And I thought that the Cirq de soliel was fruity!

Cue Peter Graves and the "Do you like gladiator movies, Billy?" line.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-15-2007 at 11:12 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    In all seriousness, it sounds like State is going to completely dominate the B10 this year.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    In all seriousness, it sounds like State is going to completely dominate the B10 this year.
    State will be great, but so will Indiana. It is a two horse race IMO. I fully expect the Spartans to come out on top though. A Big Ten Championship is overdue after Hill missed two free throws to win the BT two years ago. It might come down to the last game or two.

Doc & G

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    State will be great, but so will Indiana. It is a two horse race IMO. I fully expect the Spartans to come out on top though. A Big Ten Championship is overdue after Hill missed two free throws to win the BT two years ago. It might come down to the last game or two.
    Co not dismiss Purdue. They will be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I can't even stand coming to this board anymore with nothing but same old shit like this to read. Look at the people we've lost. Jethro, Tommy Z, and even JackTalkT doesn't really come around anymore. Glad we're headed in a positive direction.
    OK, Nancy boy:

FUCK tommyz and his three posts a month. Fuck jacktalkthai. And fuck Jethro for punking out like a bitch when UM got punked by Apple state.

And don;t try to get self righteous, Tre: EVERYONE on the board knows how fucking hyppocrittical that apporach is.
    Now that Sparty Bball has started, you come out of the toilet talking shit again, eh? What, Dantonio let you down, honey?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I just wish MSU would stop with all the "300" crap.

+ Reply to Thread