13. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 Steve McQueen

8 61.54%
  • #16 David Letterman

5 38.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: TOC TV/Movies/Stage Rd 1 Matchup - #1 McQueen vs. #16 Letterman, MCQUEEN ADVANCES

Check your PMs

TOC TV/Movies/Stage Rd 1 Matchup - #1 McQueen vs. #16 Letterman, MCQUEEN ADVANCES

#1 Steve McQueen

vs.

#16 David Letterman

Discuss and provide evidence (video, pics, audio, etc).

Voting ends Oct 16 in the am.

Tough seed for Dave. That Paris Hilton interview had me as a believer. But Steve McQueen defines cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    I've been a Dave guy since I was a kid, staying up much too late to watch his show, hoping that my parents didn't find out.

So many classic sketches and interviews. The guy can be cool and funny without even trying.

I don't think I've ever been interested enough in McQueen to even watch him in anything.
    Find a new slant.

Dave has turned into a douche, imo. Keep your fucking politics out of your show. Just be funny. You're a comedian, I don't give a shit what you think about anything.

I watched Dave since he was on during the day. He was pumped when he got a night slot. I jump over the channel his is on now.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Dave was much better when he was on NBC and his show was unbearably crappy. His constant apologizing for how horrible his show was somehow made it 10x funnier.

But...Bullit, man. Bullit.

Blog Entries
    How much did he have to do with that famous car chase scene?

In other words, was it SM that was cool in that or was it the chase itself?

I've only seen that snippet a few times, so I honestly don't know.

Oddly enough, in some of the scenes in that video you posted, he and Dave sorta share some resemblance, IMO.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Lots of interesting stuff about Dave on his wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Letterman

Best part (gave me chills):

September 11
    On September 17, 2001, David Letterman was the first major American comedy performer to return to the television airwaves after the September 11, 2001 attacks. In his opening monologue, absent the usual musical opening credits and cheering audience, an uncharacteristically serious and very emotional Letterman struggled with the reality of the attacks and the role of comedy in a post-9/11 world, saying:

“ The reason we were attacked, the reason these people are dead, these people are missing and dead … They weren't doing anything wrong, they were living their lives, they were going to work, they were traveling, they were doing what they normally do. Uh, as I understand it—and my understanding of this is vague, at best—another smaller group of people stole some airplanes and crashed them into buildings. And we're told that they were zealots fueled by religious fervor, religious fervor. And if you live to be a thousand years old, will that make any sense to you? Will that make any goddamned sense? ”
    His first guest that night was then-CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather, who was also very emotional and spoke with feeling about the courage of firefighters as well as reading verses from the song, America the Beautiful. Dave got his first laugh when, at the end of his monologue, he said, "And thank God Regis is here so we have something to make fun of." Before September 11, various mocking and self important descriptions were affixed to New York City at the beginning of the show, but starting with the September 17, 2001 show and continuing to the present announcer Alan Kalter introduces the show as being "From New York, The Greatest City in the World, it's The Late Show with David Letterman!" (Whenever there is a guest host, Alan Kalter omits "The Greatest City in the World.") Also, the opening shot of the credits, a view of Battery Park and the World Trade Center, was changed to an aerial shot of the Empire State Building.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-12-2007 at 02:12 PM.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I saw this a while ago and it's really amazing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Swam.
    Find a new slant.

Diddy, Glenn and Greg can Suck my FuckĀ®.

Whatever happended to that guy, anyway... GWB, right?

+ Reply to Thread