Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: TOC Music Rd 1 Matchup - #2 Cash vs. #15 Dylan, CASH ADVANCES

Check your PMs

TOC Music Rd 1 Matchup - #2 Cash vs. #15 Dylan, CASH ADVANCES

#2 Johnny Cash

vs.

#15 Bob Dylan

Discuss and provide evidence (video, pics, audio, etc).

Voting ends Oct 12 in the am.

this would have been an argument if jauqim phoenix and reece witherspoon hadnt pissed all over the man in black's grave. if you think johny cash is cool right now, a whole bunch of yuppy moms and their little brats have alot in common with you.

Blog Entries
    I'm a huge Cash guy, so this is no contest for me.

Can't hold the movie against him (although I didn't think it was bad at all).
    Find a new slant.

I don't think I can vote on this one. Its that close for me.

Blog Entries
    Going with Cash, personally I can't stand Bob Dylan's voice.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I'm going to be adventurous and go with Dylan on this one. I got 5 Dylan discs at home, but I only got 2 Cash discs. Anyone who's ever seen "Don't Look Back" would have to agree that Bob Dylan is cool.

And anyone who's heard the "Dylan Goes Electric" concert where he brought out the rock band for the first time to a folkie audience would also have to testify how badass he is. "Judas!" they shouted. "I don't believe you," replied Dylan. "You're a liar. Play this one fuckin' loud."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    I'm going to be adventurous and go with Dylan on this one. I got 5 Dylan discs at home, but I only got 2 Cash discs. Anyone who's ever seen "Don't Look Back" would have to agree that Bob Dylan is cool.

And anyone who's heard the "Dylan Goes Electric" concert where he brought out the rock band for the first time to a folkie audience would also have to testify how badass he is. "Judas!" they shouted. "I don't believe you," replied Dylan. "You're a liar. Play this one fuckin' loud."
    word.

at one point in the 60's dylan met the stones at a restaraunt. they made a little small talk before jagger told bob he had a little something on his collar. instead of cleaning it off and saying 'thank you', or being embarressed, bob replied "i could have wrote satisfaction in 5 minutes".

"woodstock" was in woodstock because dylan lived there. bonus points for not doing the "hey remember me, i used to be popular tour" that groups like the beach boys, or more recently the police do. dylan is still out there exploring new ground. true artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami

I've got that concert on a two disc cd.

No contest. Dylan defined music. Cash had a deep voice.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Cash had a deep voice.
    So naive.

EXPOSED
    Find a new slant.

I'm going to agree with diddy on this one.

Yes, Cash was in prision, but so was Bobby Brown.

Dylan is nearly indecipherable today, but back in the day he PWNED the Beatles and stole all their chicks.

That's tight.

+ Reply to Thread