+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who is the best QB in the Big Ten?

Emmitt "came out"? No wonder he won Dancing With The Stars. I should have seen this one coming.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Budkow Henne will get drafted and more than likely on the 1st day.

He has a top 5 arm among QBs coming out.
    Its not all about arm strength. Henne has shown no leadership, poor decision making and no consistency. A QB has to be a dependable leader. Henne has not consistently shown those qualities.

Honestly, if you are an NFL coach, do you want Henne out there leading your team? The kid reminds me of Rex Grossman. Good physical talent, but seems to lack the intangibles.

And Rex Grossman went totally undrafted.
    STEW BEEF!

Every coach thinks they can change a player into what they want.

That is why Rex Grossman got drafted. Why else would Aliki Smith and Ryan Leaf get drafted so high when they had bust written all over them.

I agree with the no leadership. But there are issues that are not public that causes the problems with consistency. The consistency is as much with the WR as it is with him.

Coaches look at his arm strength and ability to make all the throws and will be willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd pick in the hopes of being able to coach him up. I mean Drew Stanton got picked in the 2nd round. He is injury prone, really is not much of a leader (if he was, his teams wouldn't have fallen apart like they did every season. I do realize not everything was his fault, but he threw some bad interceptions while at MSU too).
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    And Rex Grossman went totally undrafted.
    It is a lot more evident with Henne. I realize you freaks who dream of boys clad in blue and yellow are unable to employ objectivity when it comes to one of the football cherubs you so admire, but Henne is not a good QB. He is average at best on a team with a lot of talent around him. The kid couldn`t lead an army of ants down an anthill.

I love when I get included in the "you UofM slappies". Makes me feel part of the NCAA board.
    STEW BEEF!

Just the fact he is a UM QB will get him drafted. Navarre got drafted. WTF wouldnt Henne? You sight leadership. Again, dont point fingers at other programs when MSU has its own problems with leadership.

I think we have for the most part been very forthright in our thoughts about Henne. I already said he was not the best QB in the Big 10. I do think he is the best pro prospect out of all the Big QBs.

Same as I think Hart is the best Big Ten RB, but is not the best NFL RB prospect in the Big Ten.

I am betting I know where all Budkow hate is coming from. They wouldnt accept him at UM and he has gone from a Wal-Mart Wolverine when he was a kid and went Green both in schools and in envy.

Budkow the wannabe UM student. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside rooting for UM. I turn your hate into a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that an asshole like you does not root for the same team that I root for.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    I turn your hate into a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that an asshole like you does not root for the same team that I root for.
    lol, cogent.

I am trying to remember the last u-m qb that hasn't started an nfl game. So far, I have:

Navarre
    Henson
    Brady
    Griese
    Dreisbach
    Collins
    Grbac

I am pretty sure all of those guys started at least one game (though henson, navarre, and dreisbach only started a couple). So you have to go all the way back to the michael taylor/demetrious brown combo to find a michigan starter that did not start at least one nfl game. kudos to u-m for churning out so many nfl qbs.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

+ Reply to Thread