+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The best RB in the Big Ten is...

Yeah because UM hasnt had a different RG the last 4 weeks.

Ringer is not the best back. Mike Hart still is the best back in the Big Ten. Ringer is a very good back in his own right.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Glug, glug. glug....

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Yeah because UM hasnt had a different RG the last 4 weeks.

Ringer is not the best back. Mike Hart still is the best back in the Big Ten. Ringer is a very good back in his own right.
    Mouth Hart, Fart. Like what else would you say? Hart gets caught from behind more than somebody who likes to take it up the ass. Ringer & Mendenall from Illinois are squarely in that conversation. Of course they don't flap their jaws nearly as much so theres that. I'd like to see what either would do with what U of Mum has to work with. Not to mention 35 carries a game against shit like ND. Loved the 106 yards on 30 carries against NW for Hart. Ringer had 185 on 12. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HipDigIt
    Mouth Hart, Fart. Like what else would you say? Hart gets caught from behind more than somebody who likes to take it up the ass. Ringer & Mendenall from Illinois are squarely in that conversation. Of course they don't flap their jaws nearly as much so theres that. I'd like to see what either would do with what U of Mum has to work with. Not to mention 35 carries a game against shit like ND. Loved the 106 yards on 30 carries against NW for Hart. Ringer had 185 on 12. Think about it.
    Ringer is a better all around RB than Hart, no question. Not only is he a better player, he doesn`t seem to suffer from self-obsessed diarrhea of the mouth like Hart.

Edit...

Decided not to go there.

Javon isnt even the undisputed #1 back on his own team. But yet he somehow is better than Mike Hart.

Nice. Great job on winning the argument.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Winning the argument???

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Javon isnt even the undisputed #1 back on his own team. But yet he somehow is better than Mike Hart.

Nice. Great job on winning the argument.
    Well then take off the blue goggles for like a nano-second and DO TELL us who the undisputed #1 back is on the MSU squad. Would that be Jehuu with 9 carries for 32 yards in your world? I'm going with Ringer. Yes, Jehuu is a nice compliment to Ringer but that's it. Perhaps if you had some semblance of same you wouldn't have to run Hart against ND when it's like 60-0 in the 4th quarter.

#1 backs don't get dragged down from behind 20 yards downfield by DL which is why he'll be playing in the Onondega Flag league next year.

Don't get me wrong. Hart is a tough cookie (just ask him) and a very good player as well as team guy. He's just a little overhyped. Again Hill, Ringer, and Mendenhall are at least his equal without all the bullshit.

Uh, yeah. Great job of winning the argument.

Ringer has had two consecutive good games, but hart has been consistent his whole career. I seem to remember drew stanton getting Heisman consideration for a couple of games only to flop midway through b10 season. Let's see ringer dominate every game before we grant him best rb in big 10 status. hart had an off day against nw, but I also see that ringer went 22-83 against that awesome bowling green defense and for less than 100 against a powerhouse pitt team. ringer is faster, but hart always seems to get the needed yardage in clutch situations. penn state stacked the box vs. michigan, but hart still came through when needed. Also, I am pretty sure that the best rb in the big 10 should touch the ball at least once in an OT to get serious consideration for such a billing.

Not that this needs to be said, but hart was taken out of the game in the third quarter vs. notre dame.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

send a memo to the staff

"Also, I am pretty sure that the best rb in the big 10 should touch the ball at least once in an OT to get serious consideration for such a billing."

Like I said, maybe you should send the boneheaded staff the memo. One touch in the last 11-minutes of regulation? Look I know I'm treading on dangerous turf here presenting a case for 3 other RB's that are as talented as Mike Hart. I realize he is the beacon in what's been a disappointing year for A2 but...oh well.
    You wanna' do stats?

Ringer 103 carries for 729 yards......7.1 per carry
    20 pass receptions for 203 yards

Hart 175 carries for 976 yards....5.5 a carry
    6 receptions for 36 yards.

Skill set?

Ringer is faster and the better receiver and just as strong.

Hart is a better blocker (I think..) Haven't seen Ringer block that much.

I'll take Ringer. I'll also take Mendenhall who I've seen 3 times this year. Hill? Not so sure. He is surely in the conversation. This was not what this thread was about and I'm done on the topic. I voiced my opinion in the critique of the game Saturday. I'm remiss to get into this on this site for sure. There's the stats and a skill set description. I'm done. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by scouts, inc
    Overall: During his first three seasons (2004-'06) Hart appeared in 33 games (29 starts) and rushed 750 times for 3,679 yards (4.9 average) with 27 touchdowns and one fumble. He has also caught 59 passes for 516 yards and two touchdowns. Hart missed four-plus games in 2005 due to hamstring and ankle injuries. Michigan implemented zone-blocking scheme in 2006 that clearly played to Hart's strengths as a patient runner with excellent vision. He does need more experience as a receiver and he will never be a great blocker. Furthermore, his lack of size and durability issues in college is a significant red flag for an upper-echelon prospect like Hart. However, his competitiveness, speed and natural overall running skills are outstanding, which is why he has to be considered one of the top senior backs in the 2008 class. Hart needs another healthy and productive season as a senior to solidify a spot in the top-two rounds.
    scouts didnt rank ringer. they have hart as the top ranked senior back.

i do believe we are officially spartying at this point. i guess well have to wait for hart to break about 10 open field tackles at MSU before they concede this one.

Huh?

"which is why he has to be considered ONE OF the top senior backs in the 2008 class." -Scout-

"they have hart as THE top ranked senior back."....b-diddy-

Puzzling, no?

"he will never be a great blocker." I disagree. He's a vicious blocker.

"He does need more experience as a receiver..." one of the reasons why Ringer is my preferred RB.

I don't question Hart is one of the top backs in the 2008 class. FYI Ringer is in the 2009 class.

+ Reply to Thread