+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A very cogent FAQ (Although it's tenuous, at best)

Here's all the history you need to know. In the beginning, there was giffman. Now there are countless others wishing to be as eminently cool as he. But their grip on the coolness mantle is tenuous at best.

Is that a cogent explanation?

I know my connection to you is tenuous, at best giffman, but that is a very cogent reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Balkan
    I'm slowly absorbing the chaos that is WTFDetroit and need some help on this. What is the story behind board members that are connected to this or that being "tenous" at best? Also, what does being fairly "cogent" have to do with anything?
    Be thankful you weren't around during the Blossoming® era.

BTW, Tahoe is definitely blossoming® at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by giffman
    Here's all the history you need to know. In the beginning, there was giffman. Now there are countless others wishing to be as eminently cool as he. But their grip on the coolness mantle is tenuous at best.

Is that a cogent explanation?
    So how come you aren't in the tournament of cool? I think you are being overlooked.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

giffman isn't in the tournament of cool because he IS the tournament of cool. Our tournament is just to see who's second best.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

In fact, winners receive the "giffman award" to denote their eternally cool nature. And it is one helluva an award, too . . . .

i heard a rumor that giffman is so cool that his nickname in highschool was "the Coge". probably just some crazy rumor, though.

Question....Is WTFChris going to be able to cheer for the Rockies, post move? If so, why? His connection would be tenuous, at best.

Can he still root for the Tigers, post move?

Enquiring minds want to know.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Question....Is WTFChris going to be able to cheer for the Rockies, post move? If so, why? His connection would be tenuous, at best.

Can he still root for the Tigers, post move?

Enquiring minds want to know.
    I am cheering for them now. And yes, my connection would be tenuous with them right now. I would say until I have my Colorado DL it would be tenuous.

I will still root for the Tigers (they are not same leagues, so it's not like rooting for the Bulls and the Pistons or something like that), and that would not be tenuous.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    But if you've never played organized baseball you are not allowed to root for either of them.

+ Reply to Thread