Thread: WXYT, WKRK to simulcast starting at 3 pm Monday

Blog Entries

WXYT, WKRK to simulcast starting at 3 pm Monday

WXYT, WKRK to simulcast?
    Industry web site reports shift at 3 p.m. today

October 1, 2007
    BY JOHN SMYNTEK
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Editor's note: Story updated at 12 :43 P.M.

Two CBS-owned radio stations will merge and simulcast sports talk according to the radio web site AllAccess.com.

WXYT-AM (1270) and WKRK-FM (97.1) will become WXYT-AM and FM, based on an FCC filing for a call letter change filed last week by WKRK. WKRK's format was more general "live talk" during the day with syndicated sports talk evenings, followed by big talk names Bill O'Reilly, Dr. Drew Pinsky and Tom Leykis overnight.

Such a consolidation has been rumored ever since the stations started simulcasting play-by-play coverage of the Tigers and Red Wings, starting with last hockey season. WXYT's AM signal has coverage gaps, especially at night and as the Tigers onfield fortunes improved. WKRK is the flagship for Lions. It was not immediately known if the Lions game would now be carried on 1270 AM.

Inquiries to station and corporate brass went unanswered Monday morning.

It was not known which shows from which station would survive.
    All Access reported that the fate of WKRK's most popular show ---the 3-7 p.m. Deminski & Doyle talk fest, was unclear.

They aired a repeat Friday and a spate of unsubstantiated internet reports had the duo either cleaning out their office or agreeing to be part of the new combine.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Well, it's settled. D&D lives on, but in the morning. Everyone else from the "Free FM" days is gone. D&D is going to get destroyed up against Drew & Mike.

I have mixed feelings about this, honestly. Free FM was kind of shitty in general, but I kind of liked how shitty it was. It was comfortably shitty. I was already missing Parker & The Man, and now Middays is gone too. We will probably never hear Bill McAllister on the air in Detroit ever again.

Is it just me or can't you listen to the live feed of wxyt on the internet anymore? I've gone to the home site and can't find the option anywhere.

They're in the process of creating a new website for the dual stations

here is a direct link to the stream though
    http://cbsplayer.streamtheworld.com/...ALLSIGN=WXYTAM
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

thanks

Translation: thanks

Blog Entries
    I'd rather listen to Mike & Mike than Domeski and Doyle...both are lousy anyway...but at least one talks sports

Oh man, Fraserburn: THANK YOU! I haven't been able to listen out here in Nbebraska for quite some time!

Tranlsation: I'm an idiot when it comes to computer stuff.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread