+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Kitna for mvp??

Jon Kitna for mvp??

i realize that theirs a high probability that our season goes to the toilet, but 1/4 done, cant you make a case for it?

Blog Entries
    In the words of Snake from Karate Kid III: You know it!

He'll get most of the credit for an offense that should be fairly high scoring and consistent.

I'm concerned he's going to get a couple more hits to the mellon and we'll be watching JTO.

I think they guy who is QBing the CheeseHeads prolly has a few more sympathy votes than Miracle Man.

Blog Entries
    I mean if by MVP you're referring to the regular season, Pro Bowl, and Superbowl MVP then I most certainly agree.

No.

IF the season ended today, he wouldn't be top 15. He's made too many mistakes in the red zone, and has played good in streaks. Don't get me wrong, he's been the reason the Lions are 3-1, but he hasn't been great.

The Lions have basically won the games they should have won so far. A crappy Raiders and Vikings team, and an injury depleted Bears team. When they played real competition, look what happened.

I love that the Lions are 3-1, but come on. Stop with the cornbread. We're 4 games into the season. You guys are going to have an ulcer by the end of the season. I thought the Lions would be 4-2 after 6 games. But then I figured they would finish 6-10.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Another intesting thing to note. The Lions are 3-1, but they have given up the most points in the league. They are DEAD LAST in scoring defense.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

i think your grossly underestimating the heavy load kitna is carrying.

dude came back in a game he had a concussion in (and was the reason we won !!!!). dude is like rocky out there. if he makes it to the end of the season and we somehow land in the playoffs i honestly think it would have to have been one of the greatest singular performances in sport history.

kitna was sacked 9 (NINE!) times last week. he gets popped atleast 10 times a game. we have no blocking, no running. our entire offense is on his shoulders (that and our excellent recievers and martz).

compare that with tom brady who has better numbers and is probably 5 times as likely to actually be the mvp, but who are you more impressed with so far. the guy who hasnt been within 5 yards of a defender lobbing easy scores to randy moss or the guy who is literraly fighting for every inch of every play.

im telling you, no one in the nfl has a harder job than kitna and he is performing right now.

Blog Entries
    Getting a little too optimistic after a few games is what Detroit fans do baby!

im fully expecting a drew sharp article poopooing the season, and doing everything he can to deflate our balloon.

i disagree with dismissing the wins.

oakland is 2-2, and got completely jobbed out of beating denver at denver in OT, wins against cleveland and miami. its concievable oakland isnt a complete dog this year. plus this is a road win. wasnt so long ago that we lost 24 streight on the road. it used to be a gimme that wed lose on the road.

minny is 1-3, losing to us, green bay, and a real close one to KC (who, btw, just beat @ sandiego. not the dog everyone thought they were, maybe). i wouldnt call them crap. had kitna played the whole game we'd have probably won convincingly.

chicago was beat up, and griese was rusty. but we had some absolutely assinine mistakes that im positive the coaching staff will address (yep, i have confidence in this staff). plus, up until roy's fumble late in the 4th i think every loose ball went chicago's way. i honestly think chicago was lucky to be in this one.

what im saying is i think detroit w/ kitna is better than 2/3 of the nfc teams. we have a ton of flaws but i think we understand them and do well playing to our strengths, for the most part. plus, we already have as many wins as all last year.

so fuck yea im getting pumped for these lions. a win next week @DC would probably be the biggest for the franchise in the millen era.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whiny Bears fans
    Orton! Orton! Orton!

+ Reply to Thread