+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Corliss Williamson Retirement/Appreciation Thread

Blog Entries

Corliss Williamson Retirement/Appreciation Thread

Also, so much for Corliss having 5-6 more years left in him, he apparently is going to retire and get into coaching.

Corliss might hang up his sneakers

It's not official, but Kings forward Corliss Williamson might announce his retirement this week. A news conference is scheduled Wednesday at the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame.

Williamson has had his eyes on a coaching career and has been working with players at a local junior college in Little Rock. Williamson's representatives had some conversation during the summer with the Cleveland Cavaliers and a couple of other teams, but nothing yet has come of those talks.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Former Piston Williamson to retire
    September 25, 2007
    FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES

Former NCAA and NBA champion Corliss Williamson will announce his retirement from the NBA during a 1:30 p.m. press conference at the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame in Little Rock on Wednesday.

Williamson, 33, played for the Pistons from 2000-2004. In the 2001-02 season, he was named the NBA’s Sixth Man and eventually was a member of the Pistons’ 2003-04 NBA Championship team. His nickname was "Big Nasty."

At Arkansas, WIlliamson was named Most Valuable Player of the 1994 NCAA Final Four, leading Arkansas to the national championship.

He was selected by the Sacramento Kings as a 13th overall pick in the first round of the 1995 NBA Draft. His best career year was in the 1997-98 season when he played 79 games and averaged 17.7 points per game for the Kings.

During his 14-year NBA career, WIlliamson played in 822 games, averaging 22 minutes of action. He averaged 49% shooting from the floor, and 13.6% from beyond the 3-point line.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I'm a big Corliss fan. Nice career.

Being both an NCAA Champion and an NBA Champion is not something many can claim.

As we get further from that 2004 championship, more and more of these guys are going to be retiring. (duh?)

That's Corliss and Elden for sure (by choice) and probably Fowlkes and Ham too (not by choice).

edit- I loved the "swirl" haircut at Arkansas, too

IBSRTCAA"BH"
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-25-2007 at 03:41 PM.
    Find a new slant.

I hope he keeps his options open, because if the 6'4" PG/SG/SF three headed draft monster doesn't work out and we need some bench toughness he might be a valuable vet.

big nasty shocked me this year with how much game he has left. im shocked by this one. but cheers. if he found what he was looking for, good for him. at this point he wasnt playing for championships.

<---- unsure of who corliss finished year with.

I never realized he was an 18 per game guy at one point. Wow.

Blog Entries
    Corliss had a pretty good season last year actually, I'm surprised he's calling it a career so soon. I remember early in the year he torched us at ArCo.

Blog Entries
    Then again w/ Spencer Hawes, Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, REEF, and Mikki Moore they have enough bigs

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    Then again w/ Spencer Hawes, Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, REEF, and Mikki Moore they have enough bigs
    You know its time to retire when you feel the pressure of such dominant players Spencer Hawes and Mikki Moore.
    Destiny

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    As we get further from that 2004 championship, more and more of these guys are going to be retiring. (duh?)

That's Corliss and Elden for sure (by choice) and probably Fowlkes and Ham too (not by choice).
    Fowlkes never got a ring. He was let go in mid-season for pissing off Darko, of all things. He was in the NBDL last year.

+ Reply to Thread