+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halo 3 Release Thread

MoTown....you finished it already? How many hours? If it's not that much I'll just rent it a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    MoTown....you finished it already? How many hours? If it's not that much I'll just rent it a couple times.
    If you play on Normal you could probably beat it in oh about 7 hours
    Herioic and Legendary would probably take you up into the 10-15 hour range
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

Yeah I played it on Normal to get the story - it took about 7 hours.

Heroic is tough. I'll be working on that one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

sounds like I'll rent it a couple times

it;s a great game if you have friends to play the campaign with. If not...it's just okay.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    it;s a great game if you have friends to play the campaign with. If not...it's just okay.
    Typical Halo then. Didnt take any chances on the formula thats been working for them. Unfortunately somebody like me who wasnt blown away by the first two probably wont be this time either. But I give it credit. Its a solid FPS. If i were more into that genre I'd might give it a try sooner than later. Either way I'll eventually try it out.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Hope this hasnt to anyone. Sucks if its true.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/defective/h...ant-304600.php
    A storm is brewing in both the Xbox and Bungie forums, where over a hundred posters have now verified that their copies of Halo 3 are causing disc read errors. lockups, and even the dreaded RRoD on their Xbox 360 consoles. From what I can glean from skimming through the 22 pages of replies to the original poster's problem, most of the people affected purchased the standard edition, though a few are reporting having the problem on both the standard and the LE version of the game. Some believe the discs are corrupting the data on the hard disc itself, as some have had their game discs replaced twice or more now with similar results, and removing the hard disc seems to keep the error from occurring with some posters. Some can load the game fine and play it for short bursts before the problem occurs, while others are finding the issue limited to certain game modes. Check out the forum threads for more info on the problems had, and hopefully some official response will be given about the issue soon.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

OK, I don't mean to come in here and hate, but can someone please sell me on the greatness of Halo? Because I just don't see it. As you all know, I'm an avid gamer and that's pretty much what I do whenever I have any free time (other than waste time arguing on here). I've played millions of games and plenty of shooters. I've played both Halo and Halo 2 extensively. I guess I don't understand all of the ridiculous hype that Halo gets. What is so special about it? It's like any other FPS I've played, but worse because I'm not fan of running around with wierd neon guns and shooting pink goo at aliens. What makes it SOOOOOO much better than GRAW? Than Gears? Call of Duty? Medal of Honor? Hell, I even played Black on the PS2 and had more fun. Maybe I'm just more into realistic shooters with real weapons, but I think the Halo franchise is VASTLY overrated.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    OK, I don't mean to come in here and hate, but can someone please sell me on the greatness of Halo? Because I just don't see it. As you all know, I'm an avid gamer and that's pretty much what I do whenever I have any free time (other than waste time arguing on here). I've played millions of games and plenty of shooters. I've played both Halo and Halo 2 extensively. I guess I don't understand all of the ridiculous hype that Halo gets. What is so special about it? It's like any other FPS I've played, but worse because I'm not fan of running around with wierd neon guns and shooting pink goo at aliens. What makes it SOOOOOO much better than GRAW? Than Gears? Call of Duty? Medal of Honor? Hell, I even played Black on the PS2 and had more fun. Maybe I'm just more into realistic shooters with real weapons, but I think the Halo franchise is VASTLY overrated.

First off, like I told Muhme on the SI board, that avy is pretty gay.

Secondly, I agree with you about Halo. It's a good, solid game, but I have no idea why people go so nuts over it.

+ Reply to Thread