+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it even worth me asking about soccer...

Mola, Muhme and Mola were the few that kept the worldcup thread alive. I;m sure there were a shitload more.

Yeah soccer's the shit. Not korean soccer, not american soccer, but european and south american. Ghana and some other African countires are making their way up. I was pushing for a Ghana upset over Brazil

That hollywood action shit gets annoying as well as players being carried of strethcers every game. Fuck ifyou have a cramp, walk that shit out or ask for a fucking sub instead of taking 2 minutes to drink your water and get carried off.

Love to play it, hate to watch it. The only soccer I like watching is world cup/olympic stuff. The representing your country element adds a lot more to it IMO. I could care less about MLS, etc. I did used to watch some of the arena stuff they used to play in the Palace though, was that the Rockers?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Rockers or Neon. Drago was Rockers I believe.
    STEW BEEF!

Neon was it. It was somewhat entertaining because we didn't have arena soccer when I grew up (and I'm only 28). I would have enjoyed that, and still would now.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Maybe they didn't have it where you grew up but indoor soccer was around when you grew up. I'm 26 and played it through my youth/teens. A couple friends and I are actually looking into it for this winter.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I remember seeing the ads on TBS (then WTCT) for the Atlanta Chiefs indoor team back when I was a kid. Yeah, that was a long time ago, but I still remember some of the the jingle, even.

There's a new kind of soccer
    It's played indoors
    Atlanta Chiefs soccer
    Get ready to score!
    Find a new slant.

How did that not catch on?
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Maybe they didn't have it where you grew up but indoor soccer was around when you grew up. I'm 26 and played it through my youth/teens. A couple friends and I are actually looking into it for this winter.
    I figured that, since I watched it on TV (the Neon) when I was an early teen. But they didn't have it up in Traverse City. We played outdoors at the YMCA fields.

We only had one Ice arena at the time (they've since built 2 new ones that the Red Wings practice on), so I suspect we just didn't have arena space to play indoor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    How did that not catch on?
    Words can hurt sometimes.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread