+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL "ODEN OUT FOR THE YEAR" THREAD

b-did

Serious?

I thought most boards had KD tied or almost tied with Oden. Why would they take a chance on a guy who would 1. be out for a year losing revenue and 2. might not be 100%?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski
    "Just this week on the telephone, there was an Eastern Conference executive studying Greg Oden's pre-draft physical in his office. Even now, this report still didn't look like the body of a 19-year old prospect, but that of an older, worn veteran. 'From our (trainers and doctors), there were red flags everywhere,' he said. The executive started listing the troubled spots  the bulging disc in the back, wrists, the ankles, the hands, a right leg that was an inch longer than the left, and yes, the knees. He wasn't alone. Several pulled files this week with news of impending knee surgery, and kept wondering if maybe the breakdown of his body was just a matter of time. Despite it all, this executive believed the Blazers had done the right thing drafting the 7-footer over Kevin Durant. Then again, he never had a practical need for his medical staff to pour over Oden like Portland did. No one else but Seattle did. 'It wouldn't have stopped us from drafting him but it would've probably made us pause about making a deal to move up and get him,' the Eastern Conference executive said."
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Out for the year again. Fractured knee cap.
    Find a new slant.

"fractured" doesnt even do it justice. The fucking thing caved in. Aldrige looks like he's going to puke when he sees it up close.

Blog Entries
    Guy has the worst luck in the world. I actually feel bad for him, and not just because the Blazers are my #2 team. It's kind of sad.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    At his age, Oden really ought to consider retirement. Look at Bender when he was 50 years old on the Pacers...

Quote Originally Posted by TBeau
    Guy has the worst luck in the world. I actually feel bad for him, and not just because the Blazers are my #2 team. It's kind of sad.
    At this point, bad luck is having less and less to do with it. The kid just has really poor knees.

It also isnt helping him that the Blazers have been having him bulk up significantly since he got drafted.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    At his age, Oden really ought to consider retirement. Look at Bender when he was 50 years old on the Pacers...
    Yeah, and Oden is already like 42.

I'm not going to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    At this point, bad luck is having less and less to do with it. The kid just has really poor knees.

It also isnt helping him that the Blazers have been having him bulk up significantly since he got drafted.
    That is on Oden not the blazers, when you can't walk you tend to gain weight and only be able to bulk up.
    Hype?

+ Reply to Thread