+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin reunion

Blog Entries
    I fucking can't stand Ozzy's voice. My mom LOVES him though.

Blog Entries
    There are rumors that Zeppelin will be playing at Bonnaroo this June, which would be the first US show in 30 years

http://www.bonnaroo.com/bonnaroo-2008-dates-announced
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Today sux.

Singer Plant rules out Led Zeppelin reunion

1 hour, 13 minutes ago

LONDON (Reuters) - Former Led Zeppelin lead singer Robert Plant has put paid to persistent rumors that the British rock giants were planning to reunite for a tour. The famous foursome got back together for a one-off charity gig in London last December, and the media has speculated ever since that they could stage a comeback tour that would be expected to sell out arenas around the world.

Band insiders have said that Plant, who is touring the United States with Alison Krauss, has been the most reluctant to get back together, and a statement on his website on Monday made clear his intentions.

"Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour," he said, adding that the tour finished on October 5.

"After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years.

"Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin."

He called the reports "both frustrating and ridiculous," before adding: "I wish (guitarist) Jimmy Page, (bassist/instrumentalist) John Paul Jones and (drummer) Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects."

Bonham's father John died in 1980 after a drinking binge, prompting the demise of a group that created hits like "Stairway to Heaven" and "Whole Lotta Love," and has sold more than 300 million albums and influenced countless bands.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I can't blame him for not being interested. The stuff he's been doing with Alison Krauss is pretty awesome on its own terms.

Blog Entries
    I watched some interview with Robert Plant from earlier in the year. Saying he hasn't aged well would be an understatement.

Blog Entries
    If you haven't seen or heard this before and you are a fan, check it out.

Page with the Black Crowes from 1999.

It's pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyK_SnQiXDM
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    The Black Crowes are the shit.

Damn good.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I was surprised that Page didn't write and record some original material with the Robinsons, in some form or fashion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo!
    Speaking of uniting--or reuniting, more specifically--this week it was announced that, after much protest from Led Zeppelin fans about a Robert Plant-less Led Zep "reunion" tour, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham will not be hitting the road under the "Led Zeppelin" moniker after all. It seems the band was unable to find a proper singer to fill Robert Plant's mighty boots. Gee, go figure. The Zep dues were auditioning people like Alter Bridge frontman Myles Kennedy (it should be noted that Alter Bridge is just Creed with a different lead singer, which means Zeppelin were actually considering replacing Robert Plant with a Scott Stapp replacement), so it's no surprise that their audition rounds were unfruitful. Apparently the song does NOT remain the same, if Plant isn't singing it.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread