+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin reunion

Blog Entries
    Two Zeppelin tickets make $170,000 in charity sale

Thu Nov 15, 11:23 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A man from Glasgow paid 83,000 pounds ($170,000) for a pair of tickets to a one-off Led Zeppelin reunion gig in London on December 10, according to the BBC which organized the charity auction.

Kenneth Donell was the winner of Thursday's sale held by radio host Terry Wogan for the Children in Need charity. Over the last four days, the auction has raised 894,000 pounds, the BBC added.

Several million fans tried to buy tickets to the Led Zeppelin reunion gig at London's O2 arena, which had to be postponed after guitarist Jimmy Page broke a finger.

The tickets went on sale at 125 pounds each, although they are trading at several times that on the online auction site www.ebay.co.uk.

In addition to watching the concert, Donell will also be allowed to watch Led Zeppelin rehearse the day before and take home a signed memento from the 1970s rockers.
    Find a new slant.

I think pink floyd dark side of the moon is one of the best albums of all time and I never got into Led

Blog Entries
    Kind've the other way around for me.

Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band ever.

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Led Zeppelin is a bunch of abject worthless hippies singing about Elves and shit.

Ouch Swami. Harsh. I love Zeppelin, though I rarely listen to them anymore. I used to have their greatest hits CDs in my car at all times, but they got a couple scratches. Lame.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Led Zeppelin is a bunch of abject worthless hippies singing about Elves and shit.
    Quoth the Swami... Evermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Don't piss off the elves, Swami. The consequences could be severe:

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Zip, you have a hilarious image for any topic.

Blog Entries
    Led Zeppelin to return to stage

By CHRIS LEHOURITES, Associated Press Writer
    2 hours, 23 minutes ago

LONDON - Led Zeppelin fans from around the world descended Monday on London to see the legendary rock 'n' roll band perform a full set for the first time in nearly three decades.

Led by its three surviving members — singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones — Led Zeppelin will be joined by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums for the benefit show Monday at the O2 Arena.

Led Zeppelin has not played a full set since 1980, the year John Bonham died after choking on his own vomit. Robbed of "Bonzo's" pulsing drums, the band decided it couldn't go on and split up on Dec. 4, 1980.

Now, with an estimated 20 million fans vying for tickets pared down to a lucky 18,000 or so — including one who paid more than $168,000 for his pair — most of the rest are hoping for more tour dates.

But Plant — with his screeching, often unintelligible lyrics leading the way during the band's 12 years and eight studio albums — may be toughest of the three to be convinced that it's a good idea to go on tour.

"The whole idea of being on a cavalcade of merciless repetition is not what it's all about," the 59-year-old Page told The Sunday Times.

That certainly won't be music to the ears of millions of fans who are hoping hear "Stairway to Heaven," "Whole Lotta Love" and "Kashmir" in concert again.

Plant, who recently released a successful album with bluegrass star Alison Krauss, did give an indication that this may not be the last of Led Zeppelin, however.

"It wouldn't be such a bad idea to play together from time to time," Plant added.

Monday's concert won't be the first Led Zeppelin reunion, but it will be the biggest. The band played together in 1985 at Live Aid, and joined forces again three years later — with Jason Bonham on drums — to play at the 40th anniversary concert for Atlantic Records.

At their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 1995, they teamed up with other musicians for another short set.

Priced at $250, tickets have been selling on the Internet for upwards of $2,000.

Kenneth Donnell, 25, said he paid $168,500 for his tickets from British Broadcasting Corp. radio's "Things That Money Can't Buy" charity auction last month.

"I was gutted that I was not born in the 1960s and able to see Led Zeppelin in the 1970s like my dad," Donnell told The Sunday Times.

Monday's show is dedicated to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last year. Proceeds from the show are to go to the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides scholarships to universities in the United States, Britain and Turkey.

The show was originally scheduled for Nov. 26, but was postponed until Monday because Page injured the little finger on his left hand.

Former Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman and one-time Bad Company singer Paul Rodgers are also scheduled to perform.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread