+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Mike Hart is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Glenn, that's why I've said that he is a leader and terrific player. I also said that I'd love to have him. Criticizing recent comments and actions doesn't mean we think the guy is horrible. Just means that we don't agree with what he has said and done lately. I actually believe I'm being extremely unbiased in this situation because it's not something I'm so wrapped up in I can't see through unbiased eyes and I've repeatedly pointed out the positives and negatives of Mike Hart. Not acknowledging the fact that he has made some mistakes is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.
    And hopping on them like they're bukdow's dong up your ass is even more ridiculous.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

How about this one for future reference: Suppose Michigan runs the table, beats MSU, beats Ohio State (and ruins their national title hopes), and wins the Big 10, making a bowl game.

Or, suppose Michigan plays .500 ball, Henne comes back to full form, and THEN they beat OSU and spoils their title hopes.

Can the season be saved? Obviously, the national title is no longer an option, but it was the MEDIA who hyped the Wolverines as title contenders, and the media's been wrong before... lots of times before. I'd say that, more than likely, even the Michigan players didn't believe the hype, knowing full what they had was not close to a Championship caliber squad.

Of course, there's Carr. You think the fella would've learned the first time they played Carroll's USC squad that they'd blitz the green snot out of them again this past time around. No he didn't. and yes they did... the final point spread being near the same as two years prior, as well.

Henne is average. Nothing special. Yet, with a dominating defense, all you have to do is pretend you're Trent Dilfer out there -- make a play once in a while and DON'T turn the ball over, and you're good.

Hart, he of the Caldwell "Rectal Exam Eyes", wants to win. I don't blame him for that. People keep forgetting -- these players are STILL KIDS. 19. 20. 21 years old? They have yet to learn how to play the media, so what you see is the frustration of a 20 (or 21) year old who just got bitchslapped by the head of the Chess Club smack in the middle of the lunch hall. I don't blame him for his aggressive attitude -- I blame the coaches who should've plugged into their minds from day one of wearing that maize and blue: "You represent Michigan, now.... don't shoot off your mouth and fuck the school over".

Let's see bukdow and Tre stand before 100,000 screaming fans (as well as millions of faithful alumni), get "anal probed", and NOT lose your cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Anal probe?... you mean like daddy's Mr. Explorer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    RE: UofM fans

I think we've pretty much taken on the chin. We've ripped our teams play and coach up one side and down the other. So I'm not buying all this UofM fans are any different than any other school (other than we are smarter and better looking).

One poster said maybe this wasn't as big of an upset as it looks it Ap St runs the board and UofM goes .500, but that wasn't good enough for one spurty. Its like the only thing he'd accept is a disassociation from the school. Good luck with that btw.

So theres my sort of a rambling 2 cents post.
    right. we all said ap state was horribly embarrassing, that oregon was devastating, that our team was overrated, that our D isnt very good, that its time for lloyd to move on... but thats not good enough? why? because sparty is and always will be the little bro who's waiting for mommy and daddy to give a fuck (which no one does! not even sparty! lol, 2-0 and theyre talking about lloyd's poor choice of deoderant).

no, we arent going to cry over spilled milk (mike hart's words) when we have his actions that speak for themselves. guarantee a win over lowly ND? fine. anyone who doesnt know michigan is going to trounce those half rate clowns doesnt belong on the team. forgive me if i think he's still worth playing, since he's about to tear up the irish, just like he might tear up the sparties if we're playing them (not sure, i only keep track of the top 5 or 6 big games on our schedule).

but whatever, blast away little bro's. this truly is your one moment in the sun.

[/cogent arrogance]

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    And hopping on them like they're bukdow's dong up your ass is even more ridiculous.
    Good post, thanks for your contribution.

What does it prove? What could it possibly change in a Michigan fan, and why would we give a fuck? We don't need Jim Rome to validate us.
    We don't carry the Sparty Inferiority Complex that makes us lie about going to school there, or have an orgasm when someone agrees with what we say.
    People don't like Mike Hart? Fine. He came to UM and put up nasty numbers and will leave a legacy that many young men can emulate, and will.
    Meanwhile, Sparty fans will continue to infest chatboards with irrational behavior, generalized insinuations that would astound the National Enquirer, make believe college degrees, lies, half truths, and hypocrisy. And all this while being the guardians of this nation's Moral Compass.
    Another great contribution. You are on a roll. Think Zippy is a little pissy about his school's embarrassment? I think it is catching up to him.
    Last edited by Baker; 09-12-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Yeah, Tre, that's why I'm making such a big deal about the antics of a 21 year old kid. It's got me staying awake all hours of the night. I'm especially worried about Lloyd Carr.
    Another typical Sparty trait: Flame the board with bullshit and then try to make it look like the other guys have the problem when they react. Especially if that reaction includes defending Michigan.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

can somebody please take this shit to the terrordome...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    RE: UofM fans

I think we've pretty much taken on the chin. We've ripped our teams play and coach up one side and down the other. So I'm not buying all this UofM fans are any different than any other school (other than we are smarter and better looking).

One poster said maybe this wasn't as big of an upset as it looks it Ap St runs the board and UofM goes .500, but that wasn't good enough for one spurty. Its like the only thing he'd accept is a disassociation from the school. Good luck with that btw.

So theres my sort of a rambling 2 cents post.
    Nailed it!

Some of the MSU fans here (note: "some", not generalizing) seem disappointed that UM fans have been so willing to admit that the coaching is bad and that the team is likely bad as well.

It's like, "Damn, that was too easy, it should be more painful than that. What else can I try to dig up to try and get under their skin?"

It seems petty, but probably should have been expected.
    Find a new slant.

The only poster I've seen trying to get under Michigan fans' skin would be Budkow. The rest of the State fans didn't even talk trash about Michigan losing the last two. Worst thing said was criticizing Hart.

Yeah, Tre, that's why I'm making such a big deal about the antics of a 21 year old kid. It's got me staying awake all hours of the night. I'm especially worried about Lloyd Carr.
    Another typical Sparty trait: Flame the board with bullshit and then try to make it look like the other guys have the problem when they react. Especially if that reaction includes defending Michigan.
    Yeah, I'm the one flaming. Read your last two posts. Budkow is the only State fan whose material would be considered flaming from the start. Some trash talk has gone back and forth, but only Budkow started with it. Therefore maybe you should just ignore him if you think he's flaming and move on with discussion instead of contributing toward it moving to terrordome material.

+ Reply to Thread