+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Hart is a problem

Are you seriously trying to reason with the Sparties?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    I try about once a week.

It's a feeble attempt to try and have some intelligent NCAA conversation around here, kind of a pet project of mine.

I'll probably give up soon.
    Find a new slant.

Glenn, that's why I've said that he is a leader and terrific player. I also said that I'd love to have him. Criticizing recent comments and actions doesn't mean we think the guy is horrible. Just means that we don't agree with what he has said and done lately. I actually believe I'm being extremely unbiased in this situation because it's not something I'm so wrapped up in I can't see through unbiased eyes and I've repeatedly pointed out the positives and negatives of Mike Hart. Not acknowledging the fact that he has made some mistakes is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    This thread is what in the political world they call the "concern troll." Here's how you become a concern troll:

1. You try to make yourself seem unbiased, when you're obviously biased.
    2. You point out something that "could be a big problem" for an organization you really wish would just die and go away anyway.
    3. ...
    4. Profit!

You can do this by, for example, being a Republican and talking about the problems of the NAACP, or by being a Democrat and talking about how the Right-to-Life committee is becoming dangerously irrelevant, or by being Bukdow and talking about how Mike Hart is obnoxious.

Don't act concerned when you couldn't care less.
    I meant to comment on this when I first read it, but I forgot to.

Swami is very wise, almost cogent-like.
    Find a new slant.

Talking Looks like those outside of Michigan agree with the Spartans here.

While the UM faithful has accused the Spartans here of being biased and inventing a problem, apparantly Jim Rome is on the Spartan's side.

Today on "Rome is Burning" Jim Rome ripped Mike Hart. Ripped him as a leader saying way to dig your cleats in when the team needs you. He said guaranteeing victory against an 0-2 opponent after you were just embarrassed in ridiculous. Also said, "Is this what it is coming to Mike Hart? Guaranteeing victory over 0-2 opponents? Why don't you guarantee something that actually means something?" Then proceeded to tell him that he sounded ridiculous and asked him where he was when his team needed him.

I loved it. Oh, he also ripped Michigan prior to ripping Mike Hart. He asked the question, "So this was your bounce back game? A 30 point loss in your own house? Nothing like letting the guests come in, stomp on your beer, make a mess of things, and have their way with your girlfriend."

I love how the Wolverine fans will join up and attempt to make it appear like they are right and all of the Spartans are just dillutional fans that are haters. Well, Wolvies...looks like those outside of Michigan might just see it our way.
    Last edited by Baker; 09-11-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Wow. And it's come to this?

I've stayed out of this thread because of it's stupidity but that response is probably the most juvenile thing I have seen in a while, Tre.

"Jim Rome agrees with me so I'm right. NA NA NA! AND HE ALSO MADE FUN OF MICHIGAN!"

Dude, come on.

(And you're basing it on Rome? The dude bitches about anything he can think of. I'm sure if Mike Hart called in he would say "Mike, great to have you on the show! Man that guarantee took some balls - Props Mike! How does it feel to be the heart and sole of Michigan Football?")

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

If the UMers want to make it out like we are the minority simply trying to pick on Michigan, then of course I will pass on words from Rome. Prove we're right? Not necessarily. Prove that maybe we aren't the minority and others see it our way? Yup.

RE: UofM fans

I think we've pretty much taken on the chin. We've ripped our teams play and coach up one side and down the other. So I'm not buying all this UofM fans are any different than any other school (other than we are smarter and better looking).

One poster said maybe this wasn't as big of an upset as it looks it Ap St runs the board and UofM goes .500, but that wasn't good enough for one spurty. Its like the only thing he'd accept is a disassociation from the school. Good luck with that btw.

So theres my sort of a rambling 2 cents post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    DSC:
    See post #50. This thread was a waste from the start.
    Let me axe you Sparties something: Are ya lip readers? Do you actually KNOW what he's saying when he's yakking on the field?
    Now I KNOW Hart is the ONLIEST player in the whole wide world who's yakking it up on the field, and of course, a Sparty would never talk trash.
    It still isn't a problem, and you girls are
    DISMISSED
    My post was in response to that one. Pointing out the flaws in your argument.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    If the UMers want to make it out like we are the minority simply trying to pick on Michigan, then of course I will pass on words from Rome. Prove we're right? Not necessarily. Prove that maybe we aren't the minority and others see it our way? Yup.
    What does it prove? What could it possibly change in a Michigan fan, and why would we give a fuck? We don't need Jim Rome to validate us.
    We don't carry the Sparty Inferiority Complex that makes us lie about going to school there, or have an orgasm when someone agrees with what we say.
    People don't like Mike Hart? Fine. He came to UM and put up nasty numbers and will leave a legacy that many young men can emulate, and will.
    Meanwhile, Sparty fans will continue to infest chatboards with irrational behavior, generalized insinuations that would astound the National Enquirer, make believe college degrees, lies, half truths, and hypocrisy. And all this while being the guardians of this nation's Moral Compass.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread