+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Appalachian State shocks Michigan and the Nation

back to the game at hand. It's interesting reading all of the trash and the hate. This effect of this loss has been so devasting that people still don't have things in perspective. This loss really means everything and nothing.

It means nothing because...
    I say it again. UofM can STILL WIN THE BIG 10. Isn't that what it's about? Until the playoff system is in place... isn't that what matters? If they go 8-4 (8-0)... It's the W's inside those parenthesis that count right? There's not even a BIG 10 conference championship game. (which there should be but there won't because of my second point)

It means everything because the Big Blue was embarrassed. That's all this game is about. Embarrassment. App St. came into the BIG HOUSE... sat on the couch... raided the fridge, took 400,000 big ones, silenced 110,000 fans and humbled a very prideful program.

Now my question is... a real team will bounce back. OU better watchout... because I'm sure Michigan is going to hit hard, fast and often. Especially after stewing about this all week.

So enough with the coach and with Mike Hart. I'm disappointed that the conversation has cheapened and lowered to name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by slydiggity
    back to the game at hand. It's interesting reading all of the trash and the hate. This effect of this loss has been so devasting that people still don't have things in perspective. This loss really means everything and nothing.

It means nothing because...
    I say it again. UofM can STILL WIN THE BIG 10. Isn't that what it's about? Until the playoff system is in place... isn't that what matters? If they go 8-4 (8-0)... It's the W's inside those parenthesis that count right? There's not even a BIG 10 conference championship game. (which there should be but there won't because of my second point)

It means everything because the Big Blue was embarrassed. That's all this game is about. Embarrassment. App St. came into the BIG HOUSE... sat on the couch... raided the fridge, took 400,000 big ones, silenced 110,000 fans and humbled a very prideful program.

Now my question is... a real team will bounce back. OU better watchout... because I'm sure Michigan is going to hit hard, fast and often. Especially after stewing about this all week.

So enough with the coach and with Mike Hart. I'm disappointed that the conversation has cheapened and lowered to name calling.
    Maybe I shouldn't be the one saying this because I'm not a UM fan, but it wasn't about winning the B10 this year, it was about winning the National Championship. Don't get me wrong, the Big Ten Championship is HUGE. I'd cream my shorts if State won it one of these days. However, when you are #5, ESPN is picking you to go 12-0, and you have a favorable schedule, it's about the NC. The season isn't a complete loss, but for most fans it is. Next year UM will be slightly rebuilding with a new qb, rb, and maybe even #1 WR. I get the optimism and respect that because I hate bandwagon fans, however I think you might be underscoring it.

I think the embarrassment is what most fans are furious about. They know 10 years from now they'll still get a random joke here or there.

You call your self a fan of your beloved school and program...

then look at this from a national sports website... and then wonder why that sentiment is not shared here.

from: http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefoo...story/10331210

"Yes, coaches always blame themselves after games like this, then they go into a meeting and rip the staff a new one. But Lloyd fell on the sword in a genuine way. There was plenty of blame to go around. Defensive coordinator Ron English doesn't look so hot right about now. Neither does kicker Jason Gingell, who couldn't clear a backyard fence in the fourth quarter. Neither does the defense that was completely surprised by the Mountaineers speed.

If you're going to blame Lloyd for those failings then you also must praise him for the heart of Michael Hart, who almost beat App State by himself.

If you want to fire him, fire him, Michigan maniacs. Go get yourself another coach. Start the search right now. Break the bank. Nick Saban's spoken for and Bill Belichick isn't taking any calls.

While you vilify him, don't forget that all this is killing Carr, too. He still refuses to enter Bo Schembechler's office right down the hall from his, out of respect. How do you think he feels now when he stares down the hall? Since Bo died, the Wolverines are 0-3 and have given up 108 points.

If he's going out, he's going out with dignity. A Michigan Man. Head held high...."

I understand spreading the blame. Totally understand it. But it AMAZES me that ANYBODY would defend Lloyd Carr. You are a Top 5 team in the nation with Top 5 talent on this year's roster and you lost at home to a IAA school. I'm not rubbing that in, just explaining how unfathomable that is. You don't think the head coach should be absolutely BLASTED for that happening? The head coaches job is to game plan, prepare his players, motivate his players, and put them in a position to succeed. Carr himself admitted that he didn't do that. In fact, he actually held back to prevent Oregon from scouting properly. How on earth can you defend that?

all about the NC?

now this is interesting... I'll give you that... actually you don't even need me to give it to you... you're all over it... but let me ask....was the NC even theirs to begin with? sure "they" (media) were talking 12-0 but who were "they" (UofM) going to play in NC? USC and you know it. and who did those people say were going to win that game? USC! c'mon now.

now this loss was huge... i still can't put my mind around it ... but my point was and still is that's the loss is more about pride and embarrassment than anything else. You lose 4 straight bowl games and if you can get back to the BCS (even if it's not in the NC game)... if you're playing in January... you're still a pretty darn good team and that's the only thing right now that will make this loss and this season worth anything... not to mention the pressure they will have on themselves and from the "haters" if they drop another game to OU (which that game means nothing now since their N.C. hopes are gone).
    Last edited by slydiggity; 09-03-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I understand spreading the blame. Totally understand it. But it AMAZES me that ANYBODY would defend Lloyd Carr. You are a Top 5 team in the nation with Top 5 talent on this year's roster and you lost at home to a IAA school. I'm not rubbing that in, just explaining how unfathomable that is. You don't think the head coach should be absolutely BLASTED for that happening? The head coaches job is to game plan, prepare his players, motivate his players, and put them in a position to succeed. Carr himself admitted that he didn't do that. In fact, he actually held back to prevent Oregon from scouting properly. How on earth can you defend that?

I'm not defending it my friend. I totally agree with you. I'm just saying it's about pride. that's why he would have held back. so maybe he gets fired for that. but when EVERY GAME MATTERS... you don't hold back. so sure fire him for that... but I'm not defending him.

Are you fucking kidding me? Lloyd makes over TWO MILLION dollars a year. Fuck him. He deserves no sympathy. If it is killing him, then he should be noble and resign.
    He's canned alot of coaches in his time, thrown many people under the bus.
    He didn;t recruit a kicker for this season, knowing that Gabe Rivas was graduating. HE has overseen the regression of Chad Henne. LLOYD hired the special teams coach that oversaw two blocked kicks in the final minutes.
    Lloyd hired Ron English. Lloyd hired Fat ass DeBord.
    For two mill a year, he sure better be able to take the fucking heat. And he better stay out of Bo's office so the fucking thing doesn;t collapse if he walks into it.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

LLoyd Brings Joy to Penn State fans

Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 09-03-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Add Heading
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Honestly, who really cares if penn state fans cheered? i'd take 8 straight wins (and hopefully 9) vs. psu over a loss to app state any day. moving forward, the team can only try to win the conference, beat osu, and salvage the season. they obviously never had the defense to win a championship anyways.

on the other hand, lloyd has made a boatload of cash during his career so he should be able to take whatever criticism he gets for the loss.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

I love that video soooo freaking much. There is another on utube that has 2 parts to it that is the best. You gotta think there might be something to it when this many people hate Michigan this bad. Maybe arrogance is the reason so many despise Michigan and maybe it's not just a DocTre thing.

The Michigan fans will say, "oh they just hate us because they are jealous" or "they hate us because we win." My answer would be, why don't people hate USC that bad then? Why do people not hate Florida, OSU, or Texas that bad?

+ Reply to Thread