+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Appalachian State shocks Michigan and the Nation

atleast we should get a pretty good draft pick out of this.

you cant say he only beats the teams he supposed to anymore. thats a plus.

i would say UM lost to a school that was probably the 50th to 70th best football team in the country. they were playing in the super bowl and we were playing intersquad practice. shocking upset, but in hindsight not the biggest of all time.

the risk/reward of airing out henne to manningham is so ridiculously in our favor that we should probably do it more than a handful of times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    All I can say, as a big Michigan football fan, is this.

I hope Michigan loses to Ohio State this year. I want them to. The reason is because beating Ohio State is the only chance Lloyd Carr has of keeping his job. And he needs to go. HAS TO. Losing to Ohio State, no matter how the other 10 games go, will justify the decision, and allow Michigan to get another coach, ideally outside the Schembechler coaching tree. Heck, Alabama hasn't been all that good for 10 years, and they just got Nick Saban. So who knows who Michigan will be able to get.

It's a case, for me, of losing the battle to eventually win the war.
    Wait a second. hold on. I can't believe I just read that. You want UofM to lose to Ohio State? just to ensure that Lloyd Carr can be fired? are you serious? please tell me you're not serious.

Ok... for the record... I'm not a UofM fan. but don't assume I'm a Sparty either. but I don't have to be either to know that this was a huge loss...
    but to throw the coach, the team, and the true die hard fans out there like that. c'mon...don't do that. The UofM v OSU game is the most important rivalry in all of sports. The game always means something. and it still can mean something this year. UofM can still win the Big 10 and go back to the BCS. and while you can't watch any football on any channel and not be reminded about what happened today and you're mad as all get out at your coach. (He's still YOUR coach btw.) I hope these word bring things back into perspective.

You still mad at Coach Carr? well check this.
    Bo Schembechler coached in a rather impressive 17 bowl games.
    hmmm... but only won 5 of them. (5-12)

Lloyd Carr has played in 11 of them and won 4 of them (4-7). So he's only one back of Bo. Oh... but you say that Carr has lost the last 4 bowl games... true... true... but check this... Mr. Michigan himself lost his FIRST 7 BOWL GAMES!

you see... the maize and blue have risen their expectations to such a ridiculously high level that no one could ever come close to meeting them. so let's remember that the season is not even close to being over. so be mad that your team is on the wrong side of history... but give us back what has proven to be one of the best rivalries of all time.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I agree... pissed or not, wanting to lose to Ohio State is a no no as a Michigan fan.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I won't rub this one in UM fans because I've experienced lesser upsets in magnitude and I've been devastated. This is a time when you've gotta put sports in perspective because stuff like this sucks.
    Classy response Tre, thanks buddy, much appreciated.

This about sums it up for me.

Michael Spath, The Wolverine Moderator-Q: The Wolverines weren't very talkative after the game, so how would you describe this loss?

A: Bear with me as I search for the best description: embarrassing, unacceptable, shocking, disturbing, humiliating, concerning, unfathomable, unforgivable. You probably have a lot more. The best way (worst way?) to look at it is that there are folks saying it's the biggest upset in college football in the last 50 years and they're probably right and that it's the worst loss in 128 years of Michigan football and they're probably right

Mike Hart, on losing to a Division I-AA team: "This is probably the worst loss in Michigan history."

Absolutely mind-blowing, I kinda had a bad feeling a few weeks ago when team captain Shawn Crable said "we still have A LOT of problems on defense", but I overlooked that because of the talent we had returning. The defense is in shambles, but the play of the offense (other than Hart) was pathetic. Chad Henne is vastly overrated. Throwing for 230 (50 came on the last play) yds and 1 TD when your team is down the entire game to a 1-AA team is inexcusable, especially from a 4 year starter. This team is a mess and we could be staring an under .500 season right in the eyes.

Please visit and support this site, I definitely will-
    http://www.sackcarr.com/

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Blog Entries
    Well put.

yea, fuck losing to bucky. ps: the last coach to win 5 of 6 to the opponent of UM/ OSU before asshole was lloyd. food for thought.

more fft, bill cowher is said to have called UM his dream job. YEAAA BBBOOOOYYY!!! bring in bill! BRING IN BILL!! BRING IN BILL!!!!

Blog Entries
    When and where was this said?

+ Reply to Thread