+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HipDigIt PicksIt

Check your PMs

HipDigIt PicksIt

Make sure you check out HipDigIt's new column on the WTFDetroit home page.

WTFDetroit presents HipDigIt PicksIt
    With HipDigIt

Welcome to the first installment of HipDigIt PicksIt. Each week this football season, HipDigIt will provide gambling insight and his picks for college and professional football (for more than entertainment puposes).

August 29, 2007

"I suppose it all started in 1973. I was introduced to a local bar owner that took "action." I promptly made four, $200 plays. This was easy. I won all four. It was meant to be wasn't it? I picked up my money on the following Wednesday. This was problematic. I (we) had a net worth of about $163. Well, I knew I'd win, right? I had to keep it from my wife so I put my winnings upstairs in the lining of a sports coat, but not before an act of largess by me of laying a loose $40 on the bride who was tickled at the prospect of the mad money. If nothing else I am a "gent".

Read the entire article here.
    If you are interested in submitting content (either recurring or a single article) for the Front Page, contact any Syndicate member.

There's no question that I am mortgaging the house and betting against every one of Hip's picks.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Nice work, Hip.

I'm more of an NFL guy myself, but I'm interested in seeing how you do with your picks.
    Find a new slant.

Check your PMs
    With HipDigIt

August 31, 2007

The opening Saturday of the '07/'08 season. Like a kid in a candy store I am.

Last edited by Glenn; 08-31-2007 at 12:39 PM.

nice job, Hip. great intro story for the 8/31 posting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HipDigIt
    Michigan State U.(-21) vs. UAB
    I'm sure I'll be accused of drinking the Green-Ade on this one. So be it. UAB was 3-9 last year. They have a QB, Sam Hunt, returning who threw for 2 TD's and 5 INT's. Uh, that's not supposed to be the way it works. They have a new coach who will do what he can with 4 returning starters on each side of the ball. As putrid as they've been this might not be a bad thing. The mood is fever pitch in East Lansing as the throngs are hungry to see a new attitude. Dantonio has them ready. What "Cowboy" left in the cupboard is not nearly as sparse as the critics out there say. UAB has an undersized line and MSU will run at will. Coach Narduzzi, the DC, is going to want his "D" to set the tone for things to come. This one won't be pretty.
    TAKE MSU -21
    I totally agree, Hip. I think State could rush for 400 yards tomorrow and win by 45-50 pts. Same story for U of M.
    Find a new slant.

State? Maybe.

U of M? Never. Lloyd is going to get up by two or three touchdowns and then just run the clock to get the game over with so he can be "a good sport." No reason not to run up the score, right?

Fuck that Lloyd. Stop doing the honorable thing and stoop to the level of the assholes. I'd be all for being a good sport if it didn't hurt you overall. Bob Stoops and Pete Carroll run up the score whenever they can so they can get a couple extra points in the voting process. It's time to do the same, Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries

"Sweep the leg, Johnny"

Blog Entries
    Now I know what you're talking about MoTown...

Check your PMs
    Hip's back with his college and pro picks for the weekend.

With HipDigIt

September 7, 2007

What an opening weekend! Though I'm sure you that if lean Blue, that you would just as soon forget about it. Understood, but I'm still pissed that there was no "number" on the game. Uh, as they say, "moving forward"…

Not a terrible opening weekend, 5-3 against the spread. I have some "woulda’, coulda', shoulda'" I could lay on you (like Brian Johnson, starting Utah QB, and the sole reason I picked them, separating his shoulder early... Waaaaaah!!) which is about one-third the fun of gambling, but I'll spare you more gory details.

+ Reply to Thread