+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crazy football trick play

Blog Entries

Crazy football trick play

I got this from Mola1, it's called "Wrong Ball".

Find a new slant.

Seen it used by a different team in a different clip last year.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, there are a lot of variations out there.

This is the best one that I have seen because you can hear the kid saying something about it being he wrong ball and then the coach is like "bring it here" and then he yells "GO!!".

An excellent lesson in sportsmanship.
    Find a new slant.

I heard about that. I don't think I'd do that. It's pretty humiliating.

We used to do the center sneak move though in flag football. My dad coached us and had that play quite a few times. You'd snap the ball, but the QB doesn't take the ball (just lets it hit his hands). The center then sneaks up the middle. Since we had a 5 apple rush (or whatever it was called), the DL wasn't really on guard anyway from the snap. You'd get about 10 yards easy, even if they recognized it right away.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

That coach should either
    A. Get fired for being an asshole
    B. Get beat up by the other teams parents
    C. A+B
    Destiny

I think that's in line with A Rod yelling at the fielder running by. It's even worse because it's youth sports and you are trying to teach sportsmanship there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Right. Thinking back, the clip I saw previous was a high school game. I think I'm far more ok with it at a high school game then with pee-wee league stuff.
    STEW BEEF!

Yeah, that's much worse. I think A-rod is perfectly in line to yell at a dude to distract him, and if Peyton Manning can pull off that play in a game good looking.

Problem is what if there really was an issue, and some kid on the other team decided that was a legal snap and crushed him? Would that be right?

Good point. It was a legal snap. The problem is that people would have called it a dirty hit because the QB "didn't realize it was a legal snap", even though the tackler would have made the right play.

+ Reply to Thread