+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 111
FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Political news, yo.

If I wasn't continually beating the 'smaller Gov't' drum, I'd ask for some Gov't regulation.

Seriously, just do away with pensions for public employess; do 401k's like the majority of the private sector gets and be done with it.

oh and make sure they are funded with more than the employee contribution.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I miss a dem prez like Clinton. He would stay an answer questions. Obama can't think on his feet. I guess thats what we get when we elect a community organizer.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    What incident are you talking about?

Obama isn't good at quick off-the-cuff quips.

I take it you want a president who can say things like "Ahll be back"?

Players meeting my ASS!

The filmmakers that did the sting on Planned Parenthood are now getting death threats. So civil.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Political correctness gone awry. This is the case where Barry said to "Don't rush to judgement" or something, but "We'll get to the bottom of this" when he thought it was a Tea Party peep that shot 'our' Gabby.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...roops-ft-hood/
    Players meeting my ASS!

Why lead the article like that? As though the Commander and Chief shouldn't be more cautious about situations involving the military rather than random wacko's. Pubs had a conniption when he wasn't more reserved about the cop thing even though that was clearly harassment.

Anyway, I thought this editorial about the Supreme Court ruling that corporations are equally protected under the 1st amendment, making restrictions on their campaign contributions is unconstitutional. I don't like the outcome but its a good article.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/us/08bar.html?_r=1&hp
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Anyway, I thought this editorial about the Supreme Court ruling that corporations are equally protected under the 1st amendment, making restrictions on their campaign contributions is unconstitutional. I don't like the outcome but its a good article.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/us/08bar.html?_r=1&hp
    Yes, the outcome sucks.

Lawyer on the sports rag says the editorial is wrong when it claims restricting 1st amendment rights from corporations is the "liberal objection". Says the main argument has been Congress' right to impose laws on elections under article 1 section 4.

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing [sic] Senators."
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread