+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 111
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Political news, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Yeah, but they're only cutting off the heads of US citizens who go to Iraq. That doesn't bother me in the least.
    And flying planes into buildings in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    And flying planes into buildings in the US.
    I live in Michigan. What the hell do I care. Hey rednecks, quit taking my taxes because your penis feels smaller. I doubt "planes flying into buildings" is in the top 100 reason people died in the US since the year 2000. I know both cow and deer have killed more. Have we started hiring people who can interpret rutting?

LOL

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Tahoe,

If GDP grows in spite of added debt, that's an argument against going into debt. Why borrow money if GDP would go up even more if you hadn't? You just made my point for me about how the GDP-debt ratio thing is complex.

But its only domestic wiretapping if you are calling someone in another country who is a known or suspected terrorist, right?
    The domestic wiretapping I'm speaking of is spying on calls between two people in the same country. OF course, there's a domestic element in spying on calls between U.S. and foreign countries, but that's not the issue that's got people's blood pressure up. Well, unless you're an ISP and your setup don't have a strong notion of "foreign" 0s and 1s vs. "domestic" 0s and 1s, but that's another story.

Waterboarding and other mock execution stuff is torture, in my book. Triggering an involuntary gag reflex to make someone think they're choking to death, which is the mildest form of gagging, is a mock execution. And, quite aside from feelings that you or I may have about such things, mock executions are considered torture by the Geneva Convention, which is a part of U.S. law. Oh wait... that doesn't apply because we're not at war, they're not POWs but this nebulous new class of "enemy combatants", yet another torturous redefinition.

It's one thing to say whether or not torture is good or bad or whatnot, and I totally agree with you on that extent. But let's call a spade a spade here. It's a war, there's some POWs, and they're being tortured. Not "there's a conflict of an unspecified nature, there's some 'enemy combatants', and they're being renditioned". Wer're well on our way to 1984-speak and doubleplusungood.

Funny, what country did those people who flew plains into our country's buildings come from? Oh wait -- they're harboring OIL, and heaven forbid they harbor terrorists (despite being a bunch of fuckhead royal family Sauds fueling generations of anti-western sentiment by snorting their country's resources).

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Kucinich showing the world what a joke both sides of Congress are...
    wow, just wow.

That is/was pretty funny. I guess the Republicans first voted against even discussing the bill, then they thought about it and were running up to change their vote so everyone would have to listen to Kucinich. The Dems went from voting for it to voting against it. Is that close? LOL

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I like my flaming California liberals a little less like Kucinich and a lot more like Jerry Brown.

Pat Robertson endorsed Giuliani. Yeah, the pro-choice, pro-gay-rights Giuliani. Hoo boy, the things people will do when the chairman of Fox News also works for the Giuliani campaign. You can always count on Republicans to forget their so-called individuality when the election gets close at hand.

I saw that too. Pat Robertson is hard to look at, let alone listen to. I didn't know about the Fox News ties. Robertson is such a non-player, imo. He won't sway shit. Not sure if this is more about liking Rudy as much as not wanting a mormon for Patsy.

Every Republican whose endorsement is worth a shit is going to line up behind Giuliani. Black fundamentalist pro-lifers who hate Italians, hate New York, and love Islamic terrorism are endorsing Giuliani. The only reason I can think of is good old-fashioned At Least He's Not One O' Them Demmuhcrats.

+ Reply to Thread