+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 110
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Political news, yo.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I'm not saying they don't have an agenda of their own, but whatever agenda they have probably doesn't matter that much in Iraq. The best AQ is going to do is to help some unsavory non-AQ party gain power.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    I'm not saying they don't have an agenda of their own, but whatever agenda they have probably doesn't matter that much in Iraq.
    Apparently you are not believing what I'm posting then. And thats ok, dont get me wrong.

AQ is pushing the Sunnis toward us. The Sunnis want to have their freedoms and AQ is dropping strict old school, taliban type rule on them. They are having an effect that is helping the US.

Dems hold up AG confirmation based on waterboarding.

I think they're looking at this guy and every time he says "I don't know if waterboarding is torture" all they can think of is Abu Gonzales going "I do not recall. I don't recall that. That doesn't immediately come to mind. I don't remember recalling that."

I would hope that they could look beyond what someone else did in an effort to get and AG a vote. But I also understand politics... a lil bit. And if this is stand on principal (torture) just let it go to a vote.

Schumer and Feinstein are voting for the nomination. So while it appears the majority of Dems aren't voting for him, their are some key Dems that are voting for him.

Its kind of tough for Shumer NOT to vote for him since Shumer was his sponsor for the nomination.

Yeah, Chuck Schumer was his Democratic sponsor, it would be shitty of him not to vote for him. He's going to make it out of committee. But if he didn't, I wouldn't really cry about it. That's what the committee is supposed to do.

If he reminds them of Gonzales, they really should vote against him. Gonzales pretty much represented every single thing that could go wrong with an Attorney General. At this point they're probably thinking "Mukasey is soooooo much better, I should probably take what I get and not be greedy."

I agree on the "if you think you have another Gonzo on your hands, don't vote for him" sentiment. I thought you were saying ... well what was it that I thought you were saying....I'll get back to you.

upperdownvote!!!!!111oneone

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    What potential is that?

As near as I can tell, the Dems are too bought and disjointed to do damage (or do much good), while the Rethugs actively fuck things up. I don't see much collective positive potential with either party.
    My number one priority for my Gov't is to protect and defend this country. I see the Republicans doing a better job.

I like tax cuts too.

+ Reply to Thread