+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 111
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Political news, yo.

It looks like congress might be coming to its senses. The Republican controlled congress attempted to pass this too, but Clinton asked Hastert not to bring it to a vote. iirc, Hastert finally agreed and it didn't make it to a vote.

WASHINGTON — A House vote to label the century-old deaths of Armenians as genocide was in jeopardy Tuesday after several Democrats withdrew their support and sounded alarms it could cripple U.S. relations with Turkey.
    The loss of support is a major setback to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill, who have fiercely defended the resolution to Republicans and the Bush administration as a moral imperative in condemning the World War I-era killings of up to 1.5 million Armenians by Ottoman Turks.

It looks like Steven Colbert will be running for office in '08.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I bet he makes more on an impact in SC than peeps think. If he was in a more liberal state, it would be even more of an impact.

Iran's top Nuke negotiator, Larijani, resigns. He was a moderate. Not good news.

Those Sheiks I was talking about that sided with us, turning against AQ...Well 12 were kidnapped by AQ.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I bet he makes more on an impact in SC than peeps think. If he was in a more liberal state, it would be even more of an impact.
    SC won't make me fall asleep the same way Man Of The Year did. That's enough impact for me.

Those Sheiks I was talking about that sided with us, turning against AQ...Well 12 were kidnapped by AQ.
    Makes ya glad we destablized the region enough to let AQ in the door...

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Saddam was a horrible man, and millions trembled under his boot. But his boot came down hardest on Islamic extremists, and it happened without the USA having to lift a finger.

Now look at us.

I agree on that Sadam thing.

But AQ is really screwing up if they kill these Sheiks. Peeps are not liking them and they think they are giong to scare these guys into submission? No way.

The Sunnis had all their little smuggling lanes, the US looked the other way, but AQ destroyed all that commerce. Now they kidnap these guys. AQ is gooofing up. Taliban type rule aint happenin.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I agree that it isn't likely to happen at all. I'm not sure AQ wants Taliban-style rule in Iraq. I don't think it matters what they want. I think AQ is just some kind of mercenary army who books themselves out to Islamic extremist political groups, helps them with their violence, and the extremists don't have to get their hands dirty. They're like the Muslim Blackwater.

LOL Muslim blackwater.

That is exactly what they are doing and want... and sadly that is the only thing that drove the Sheiks to our side.

+ Reply to Thread